Velocity Reviews

-   -   Highlighting text with jpg background. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t506954-highlighting-text-with-jpg-background.html)

Ed 05-15-2007 04:15 PM

Highlighting text with jpg background.

I'm trying to put a page on my website

http://www.egoldmidincd.com/about_angel.html

(Yes, I know I messed up the /P> and will fix that. And yes, this
version of the page has a neutral background.

Can I put a highlighted light-color frame around the text so it's
possible to read with a figure of the Angel (my digital jpg) behind it?
Is it necessary to do this with tables or is their an easier way?

Thanks,

Ed

--
home page: http:..www.egoldmidincd.com

John Hosking 05-16-2007 03:14 PM

Re: Highlighting text with jpg background.

Ed wrote:
> I'm trying to put a page on my website
>
> http://www.egoldmidincd.com/about_angel.html
>
> (Yes, I know I messed up the /P> and will fix that.

I don't know what you mean here. There are many things messed up in your
code, but I don't see what you mean about the /P>

> And yes, this version of the page has a neutral background.

I don't understand what you mean here, either.

> Can I put a highlighted light-color frame around the text so it's
> possible to read with a figure of the Angel (my digital jpg) behind it?

What do you mean by highlighted? A frame around the text is easy.
Providing a colored background behind it is easy, too. Making the
background transparent is not always so easy, but can be done. But I
don't understand what you want yet.

> Is it necessary to do this with tables or is their an easier way?

No, tables are neither necessary nor desirable here.

--
John