Velocity Reviews

-   -   Iron Python (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t506618-iron-python.html)

Jon Harrop 05-15-2007 09:43 AM

Jarek Zgoda 05-15-2007 10:05 AM

John Machin 05-15-2007 10:22 AM

BartlebyScrivener 05-15-2007 12:22 PM

rd

Jarek Zgoda 05-15-2007 01:01 PM

Re: Iron Python

BartlebyScrivener napisał(a):

>>>> Anybody tried it?
>>> Me.

>> Me too.

> Anybody like it?

Tried id, did not found any use, put on shelf. Don't know if this case
fits "likes" or "doesn't like". ;)

--
Jarek Zgoda

"We read Knuth so you don't have to."

Tim Roberts 05-16-2007 07:18 AM

Re: Iron Python

BartlebyScrivener <bscrivener42@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Me.

>> Me too.

>Anybody like it?

I think it is a fascinating development, but it is aiming in a different
direction. To a certain extent, you have to separate the Python language
from the Python standard library. IronPython has the entire Python
language, and it will run most (but not all) of the standard library we're
all accustomed to, but the real fun of IronPython is that you have the
entire .NET class framework available from Our Favorite Language.

Considering all of the junk that regularly comes out of Redmond, I think
that the Windows Presentation Foundation (formerly called "Avalon") is one
of the most interesting things they've produced in a long time. IronPython
will give me the opportunity to really dig into WPF without having to drink
the C# kool-aid.
--
Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.