Velocity Reviews

-   -   setup 2 SPA-3102 for p2p over LAN (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t506483-setup-2-spa-3102-for-p2p-over-lan.html)

circaeng@hotmail.com 05-14-2007 07:07 PM

setup 2 SPA-3102 for p2p over LAN

Hello,

I have 2 SPA-3102 units and I am trying to configure them so I can
make p2p calls via a private LAN and have analog phones connected to
both of them sharing a single POTS (for incoming and outgoing calls)
line connnected to only one of them.

Hardware and connection I curently have:

1) Two spa-3102 each with an analog phone connected to them
2) One of the spa-3102 is connected to a POTS phone line
3) Both spa-3102s are connected together via a private wifi LAN

What I would like to be able to use this for:

1) make p2p calls between the two analog phones connected to each
spa-3102 kind of like an intercom
2) incoming calls on the POTS line should ring both analog phones on
both spa-3102s
3) Both analog phones should be able to make outgoing calls using the
single POTS line connected to one of the spa-3102

Before someone asks, the reason for all this is that each spa-3102 is
in a separate building that cannot be wired together but they are
linked with a wifi network and I want the two building to use the one
POTS line available in only one of the buildings and have the
possibility to communicate p2p between the two buildings.

I am new to VOIP and have spent a couple of days searching for info/
tutorials on the net but cannot find anything similar to what I want
to do. The wizards I found all assume you use a Voip provider in some
way.

Any help/pointers tutorial or book references appreciated

Thank You

Patrick Robin

Jono 05-15-2007 06:53 PM

Re: setup 2 SPA-3102 for p2p over LAN

<http://www.provu.co.uk/pdf/sipura/spa_backtoback_2x_spa3000.pdf>

circaeng@hotmail.com 05-15-2007 09:04 PM

On May 15, 2:53 pm, Jono <notha...@blueyonder.invalid> wrote:
> After serious thinking circa...@hotmail.com wrote :
>

> > Hello,

> > I have 2 SPA-3102 units and I am trying to configure them so I can
> > make p2p calls via a private LAN and have analog phones connected to
> > both of them sharing a single POTS (for incoming and outgoing calls)
> > line connnected to only one of them.

> > Hardware and connection I curently have:

> > 1) Two spa-3102 each with an analog phone connected to them
> > 2) One of the spa-3102 is connected to a POTS phone line
> > 3) Both spa-3102s are connected together via a private wifi LAN

> > What I would like to be able to use this for:

> > 1) make p2p calls between the two analog phones connected to each
> > spa-3102 kind of like an intercom
> > 2) incoming calls on the POTS line should ring both analog phones on
> > both spa-3102s
> > 3) Both analog phones should be able to make outgoing calls using the
> > single POTS line connected to one of the spa-3102

> > Before someone asks, the reason for all this is that each spa-3102 is
> > in a separate building that cannot be wired together but they are
> > linked with a wifi network and I want the two building to use the one
> > POTS line available in only one of the buildings and have the
> > possibility to communicate p2p between the two buildings.

> > I am new to VOIP and have spent a couple of days searching for info/
> > tutorials on the net but cannot find anything similar to what I want
> > to do. The wizards I found all assume you use a Voip provider in some
> > way.

> > Any help/pointers tutorial or book references appreciated

> > Thank You

> > Patrick Robin

> <http://www.provu.co.uk/pdf/sipura/spa_backtoback_2x_spa3000.pdf>

Thank You,

I found this link yesterday evening and it did work and give me item 3
and half of item 2 in my features list above. For those who might try
something similar, what gave me the most trouble initialy is that I
could not use the SPA-3102 ethernet ports to do this. I had to connect
both of them to my LAN using the Internet ports and then I don't use
the ethernet ports on the SPA-3102. To me that was counter intuitive.

Patrick Robin