Velocity Reviews

-   -   Blank page surfing using x64 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t505880-blank-page-surfing-using-x64.html)

=?Utf-8?B?c3Bpa2U=?= 05-11-2007 09:35 PM

Blank page surfing using x64

http://www.symantec.com/sabu/ghost/ghost_personal/

The above link is to symantec's website. I'm using WinXP pro x64 with IE 7.

I get a blank page even after refreshing several times. I copy and past the
link in Firefox and it works fine. If i use a tablet pc with IE 7 to surfs.
There does seem to be a redirect of some kind.

Is this a security 'feature'? It's starting to drive me crazy. Anyone got
a clue?

Does the link work for you while running IE 7 on x64 WinXP pro?

Charlie Russel - MVP 05-11-2007 10:57 PM

Re: Blank page surfing using x64

First question is - which version of IE7? 32-bit, or 64-bit? If it's the
64-bit version of IE7, I'd suggest running the 32-bit. Some pages just don't
work on a 64-bit browser.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

=?Utf-8?B?c3Bpa2U=?= 05-13-2007 12:14 AM

Re: Blank page surfing using x64

First answer then.

The blank page is returned for both the 32 and the 64 bit versions.

When YOU (Charlie:-) surf to the page using your WinXP x64 IE 7 do you get a
blank page!?!

Does anyone else get a blank page or am I the only one? I'd really like to
know!

Colin Barnhorst 05-13-2007 12:19 AM

Re: Blank page surfing using x64

I do not get a blank page at that link. I get the expected Symantec page,
fully populated. I am using IE7 on XP Pro x64.

--
Colin Barnhorst
MVP Virtual Machine

Charlie Russel - MVP 05-13-2007 06:27 AM

Re: Blank page surfing using x64

I don't surf to pages that some one posts. Honestly and dead seriously. And
since I wouldn't touch a symantec product with a 10-foot pole, I'll never
have cause to go to that page on my own.

=?Utf-8?B?c3Bpa2U=?= 05-14-2007 11:58 PM

Re: Blank page surfing using x64

You should be able to cut and paste the text of the link into your browser.

And, if you are paranoid, your can whois the ip after doing a ping (and do a
tracert for good measure). You could even report it to with IE for
"phishing" verification <chuckle>

Here is another web address that does not render because of some redirect
problem with IE 7 (32 & 64) on WinXP x64.

http://www.vanguard.com/ (yes the VanGuard Fund website)

You are losing an opportunity to either help discover an exploited
vulnerability in this product or a bug report that would help out a bunch of
users.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPP PPPPPP!

I think I'll come here and post website after website that renders a blank
by IE 7 on WinXP x64 if for nothing else other than fun.

John Barnes 05-15-2007 02:21 AM

Re: Blank page surfing using x64

You already got helped by Colin. The link comes up fine on his and my
browser. Now you want to get on everybody's kill list. Go ahead.

Theo 05-15-2007 01:47 PM

Re: Blank page surfing using x64

You really sound like a spoiled brat that isn't getting
his/her way. Why don't you act like a rational adult and
recognize that you apparently have a unique situation with
your system. I have been using Win x64 for over 3 years now
and I am not having the symptoms your cite.

There is something wrong on your computer that you will have
to try and figure out.

What is your complete and accurate hardware configuration;
motherboard, video card, other cards, hard drives, USB
devices, optical drives, etc?

What software have you installed recently?

Theo 05-15-2007 03:02 PM

Re: Blank page surfing using x64

P.S.

I currently have 4 browsers in x64 and all 4 display the
link below. I have IE 64, IE 32, Firefox 32, and Firefox 64
- they all work!

Colin Barnhorst 05-15-2007 05:12 PM

Re: Blank page surfing using x64

To which I can add the MSN9.5 browser as well.