Velocity Reviews

-   -   Tool: XML Schema -> XML (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t505694-tool-xml-schema-xml.html)

markus.meier@gmx-topmail.de 05-11-2007 07:44 AM

Tool: XML Schema -> XML

Hi,

I'm searching a tool to generate XML files based on an existing XML
schema file. Does somebody know a free tool that supports this
feature?

Thanks Markus

Martin Honnen 05-11-2007 11:38 AM

Re: Tool: XML Schema -> XML

markus.meier@gmx-topmail.de wrote:

> I'm searching a tool to generate XML files based on an existing XML
> schema file. Does somebody know a free tool that supports this
> feature?

Here is an article
<http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa302296.aspx> that shows how
to do it with the .NET framework 2.0.

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Joe Kesselman 05-11-2007 12:01 PM

Re: Tool: XML Schema -> XML

markus.meier@gmx-topmail.de wrote:
> I'm searching a tool to generate XML files based on an existing XML
> schema file. Does somebody know a free tool that supports this
> feature?

Do you mean "generate" (random test files), "render" (map data from some
other source into that schema), "edit" (help a user interactively build
documents that conform to that schema), ...?

markus.meier@gmx-topmail.de 05-11-2007 12:02 PM

Re: Tool: XML Schema -> XML

> Here is an article
> <http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa302296.aspx> that shows how
> to do it with the .NET framework 2.0.

Thank you, but if there is already a free tool that supports the
feature graphically, I'll rather save my time to do it by my own ;-)

markus.meier@gmx-topmail.de 05-11-2007 12:04 PM

Re: Tool: XML Schema -> XML

> Do you mean "generate" (random test files), "render" (map data from some
> other source into that schema), "edit" (help a user interactively build
> documents that conform to that schema), ...?

Sorry for not being that precise. I mean "edit" in the sense of
helping an user interactively build documents that are valid to a
specific schema.

dick.deneer@donkeydevelopment.com 05-11-2007 05:04 PM

Re: Tool: XML Schema -> XML

On 11 mei, 14:04, markus.me...@gmx-topmail.de wrote:
> > Do you mean "generate" (random test files), "render" (map data from some
> > other source into that schema), "edit" (help a user interactively build
> > documents that conform to that schema), ...?

> Sorry for not being that precise. I mean "edit" in the sense of
> helping an user interactively build documents that are valid to a
> specific schema.

I have made a freeware XML editor that can generate XML files orm a
xsd:
- right click the xsd in the filetree and choose "Generate XML".
You can then validate (click the validate button) the generated XML
and you will be guided (by error messages and by the editor itself) to
make a valid XML. It will help to display the schema tree structure
while you are editing the xml; you can do this by again right-clicking
the xsd and choosing "Show schema in tree".
See XMLSpear at http://www.donkeydevelopment.com