Velocity Reviews

-   -   Wireless networking question (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t505018-wireless-networking-question.html)

kent 05-08-2007 06:21 PM

Wireless networking question

Hey everybody,

I have never hooked up a wireless network before and I am running into
a problem. Laptops are hooking up fine; however, I have a PC and have
gotten a wireless PCI card from SMC. My problem is, in the
instructions that come with it it says that I may need my original,
licenced Windows CD in order to install the wireless card. I no
longer have this CD. Is there any way around this? Or, are there any
wireless cards for PCs that do not have this requirement? Thanks.

Kent

Jack \(MVP-Networking\). 05-08-2007 07:16 PM

Re: Wireless networking question

Hi
Installation of network components on Win98 usuaually requires the CD.
No need for it in WinXP.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:1178648483.964573.66960@h2g2000hsg.googlegrou ps.com...

=?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?= 05-08-2007 09:01 PM

Re: Wireless networking question

Try to find a suitable win98 CD. It must be exactly same
version ("gold" or SR2) and same language version as your system.
No serial number is needed :)
But better get a decent new laptop and cut the trouble... seriously.
--PA