Velocity Reviews

-   -   Buying different credit amounts for Skype (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t504184-buying-different-credit-amounts-for-skype.html)

gplantam@gmail.com 05-04-2007 05:46 PM

Buying different credit amounts for Skype

When I try online to buy credit on Skype, it only lets me buy 10 Euros
worth at a time. How can I purchase $15 of credit? It won't let me
change the amount.

DevilsPGD 05-04-2007 07:44 PM

Re: Buying different credit amounts for Skype

In message <1178300813.177433.162440@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups. com>
gplantam@gmail.com wrote:

>When I try online to buy credit on Skype, it only lets me buy 10 Euros
>worth at a time. How can I purchase $15 of credit? It won't let me
>change the amount.

10 Euros is around $15 once the exchange is factored in...

--
EARTH FIRST! We'll strip-mine the other planets later.

gplantam@gmail.com 05-04-2007 07:49 PM

On May 4, 3:44 pm, DevilsPGD <spam_narf_s...@crazyhat.net> wrote:
> 10 Euros is around $15 once the exchange is factored in...
>
> --
> EARTH FIRST! We'll strip-mine the other planets later.

Yes, but could I buy $17 USD worth of Skype credit if I wanted to? Am
I forced to buy 10 Euros at a time?

DevilsPGD 05-04-2007 11:32 PM

Re: Buying different credit amounts for Skype

In message <1178308147.826342.119600@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups. com>
gplantam@gmail.com wrote:

>On May 4, 3:44 pm, DevilsPGD <spam_narf_s...@crazyhat.net> wrote:
>> 10 Euros is around $15 once the exchange is factored in...

>Yes, but could I buy $17 USD worth of Skype credit if I wanted to? Am
>I forced to buy 10 Euros at a time?

That one, I cannot answer -- I can't say I've ever used Skype.

--
EARTH FIRST! We'll strip-mine the other planets later.

gplantam@gmail.com 05-07-2007 03:37 PM

Re: Buying different credit amounts for Skype

Okay. I found the answer through the Skype portal. (I don't know if it
can be found through the Skype.com site.)
For the first 90 days, new members can only buy 10 Euro increments of
credit and can't buy any credit if there's currently more than 5 Euros
left in the account.
This is an effective incentive to get new members to sign up for the
unlimited call packages (SkypeIn and SkypeOut).

It still seems like a good deal economically, although the clarity of
the calls depends on your broadband connection and computer speed. I
have a minimal speed DSL, and if I have any other applications open, I
get an annoying delay on the Skype line.