Velocity Reviews

-   Microsoft Certification (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f24-microsoft-certification.html)
-   -   cyclic redundancy check?? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t503904-cyclic-redundancy-check.html)

=?Utf-8?B?S1JJU1RJIE1BUkNP?= 05-03-2007 05:21 PM

cyclic redundancy check??

I WAS RECENTLY INSTALLING XP HOME ON A FRIENDS COMPUTER WHEN I RAN ACROSS
THIS ERROR MESSAGE. IS ONLY TEMPORARILY SLOWED ME DOWN :HOWEVER, I WOULD LIKE
TO KNOW WHAT THIS IS ABOUT. DOES ANYONE HAVE SOME INSIGHT? THANK YOU,

=?Utf-8?B?V2F5bmUgQW5kZXJzb24=?= 05-03-2007 08:19 PM

RE: cyclic redundancy check??

Can you please post the error message as text?

A CRC message indicates usually that data in transit (being sent accross a
network or written to a drive) has a verification signature that does not
match what is generated when the data is checked now.

E.g. Low-Level Data Corruption
--
Wayne Anderson

Betatester 05-07-2007 03:47 AM

Re: cyclic redundancy check??

Change you media (CD ROM ORGINAL) and everything working well after.

message de news:4BCFA6C0-E211-4E25-9903-AC0392C8AA19@microsoft.com...