Velocity Reviews

-   -   Backward compatibility problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t5037-backward-compatibility-problem.html)

JimD 11-26-2004 06:40 PM

Backward compatibility problem

My laptop connects to my D-Link Xtreme G router just fine at home, but
in a motel recently I had to use their Netgear USB adapter to connect to
their wireless B network. Is there a setting I can check to help the
laptop connect to B networks without the use of a different brand adapter?

Carey Holzman 11-27-2004 01:54 AM

Re: Backward compatibility problem

G is automatically backwards compatible with B. There is no button or
setting to adjust on behalf of the NIC.

Carey

JimD 11-27-2004 06:07 AM

Re: Backward compatibility problem

Then why won't my laptop connect with a B network on the road just as it
connects with the G network at home? In the motel, the machine shows a
very low strength connection at 54 Mbps but can't connect to the net.

Carey Holzman 11-28-2004 05:50 AM

Re: Backward compatibility problem

Sounds like your card has a bad driver or is need of repair or replacement.