Velocity Reviews

-   -   ICT Developer and Administrator vacancy (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t503441-ict-developer-and-administrator-vacancy.html)

elvirawilson@mail.ru 05-01-2007 09:47 PM

ICT Developer and Administrator vacancy

See vacancy for ICT Developer and Administrator in Wolverhampton, West
Midlands: http://www.havenrefuge.org.uk/Vacancies/Vacancies.htm

Mara 05-01-2007 11:10 PM

Re: ICT Developer and Administrator vacancy

On 1 May 2007 14:47:25 -0700, elvirawilson@mail.ru wrote:

>See vacancy for ICT Developer and Administrator in Wolverhampton, West
>Midlands: <snip>

I like the idea of the place. But I won't work for spammers.

AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
--glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r

Vanguard 05-01-2007 11:56 PM

<elvirawilson@mail.ru> wrote in message
news:1178056045.578706.78440@h2g2000hsg.googlegrou ps.com...
> See vacancy for ICT Developer and Administrator in Wolverhampton, West
> Midlands: http://www.havenrefuge.org.uk/Vacancies/Vacancies.htm

Anyone with the credentials that you require won't bother responding to
an idiot that spams in newsgroups looking for talent. If the talent is
there, it's pretty easy to market it. If the talent is missing then you
get exactly what you deserved by spamming your offer here.

Robb 05-02-2007 12:42 AM

Mara wrote:
>On 1 May 2007 14:47:25 -0700, elvirawilson@mail.ru wrote:
>
>>See vacancy for ICT Developer and Administrator in Wolverhampton, West
>>Midlands: <snip>

>I like the idea of the place. But I won't work for spammers.

If they're known spammers I agree. If the person who made that post just
wasn't aware of what "not to do" what's the diff? Looking at the site it needs
the help, it ought to be done in shades of ivory, beige, tan, and vanilla. :)

OTOH, maybe I just got sympathetic after reading this pome:
http://www.havenrefuge.org.uk/Resett...settlement.htm

--
Robb

Mara 05-02-2007 11:54 AM

On Wed, 02 May 2007 00:42:29 +0000, Robb <-robb@shared-secrets.com> wrote:

>Mara wrote:
>>On 1 May 2007 14:47:25 -0700, elvirawilson@mail.ru wrote:
>>
>>>See vacancy for ICT Developer and Administrator in Wolverhampton, West
>>>Midlands: <snip>

>>I like the idea of the place. But I won't work for spammers.

>If they're known spammers I agree. If the person who made that post just
>wasn't aware of what "not to do" what's the diff? Looking at the site it needs
>the help, it ought to be done in shades of ivory, beige, tan, and vanilla. :)
>
>OTOH, maybe I just got sympathetic after reading this pome:
>http://www.havenrefuge.org.uk/Resett...settlement.htm

I do agree with the premise of the site, because I've BTDT myself. But today
there's no excuse for not knowing about spamming - word of it is *everywhere.*
And in Usenet, as with all things online, it's the *user's* obligation to
educate him/her/itself *before* they attempt to use groups, etc.. And it would
take little to no effort to discover that spamming *isn't* the way to win
people's hearts. So, while I agree with the site and in fact I think there
should be more like it, I do not agree or condone their method of
"advertisement." Nor would I work for them - not only did they spam, they didn't
bother to learn about what they were doing first, and that's a bad business
model.