Velocity Reviews

-   -   web services without upseting current set up (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t503111-web-services-without-upseting-current-set-up.html)

Jo 04-30-2007 03:59 PM

web services without upseting current set up

Hi people:

I was wondering what are your views, on which is the eaisest way to
develop web services that either doesnt upset your current set up (ie
no changes to server, config files, etc) or that changes it very
little (ie no need to instal 53 plug ins and change ports ,etc ).
and keeping the easy bit going.

I m gonna be using some xml-rpc and soap
I would really apreciate the input
Cheers

Jo

Danno 04-30-2007 08:10 PM

Re: web services without upseting current set up

On Apr 30, 9:59 am, Jo <jodiep...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi people:
>
> I was wondering what are your views, on which is the eaisest way to
> develop web services that either doesnt upset your current set up (ie
> no changes to server, config files, etc) or that changes it very
> little (ie no need to instal 53 plug ins and change ports ,etc ).
> and keeping the easy bit going.
>
> I m gonna be using some xml-rpc and soap
> I would really apreciate the input
> Cheers
>
> Jo

XFire would be a good solution

Lew 05-01-2007 04:12 AM

Danno wrote:
> On Apr 30, 9:59 am, Jo <jodiep...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi people:
>>
>> I was wondering what are your views, on which is the eaisest way to
>> develop web services that either doesnt upset your current set up (ie
>> no changes to server, config files, etc) or that changes it very
>> little (ie no need to instal 53 plug ins and change ports ,etc ).
>> and keeping the easy bit going.
>>
>> I m gonna be using some xml-rpc and soap
>> I would really apreciate the input
>> Cheers
>>
>> Jo

> XFire would be a good solution

So is Apache Axis.

One trick with Axis is to fold its libraries and web.xml paragraphs into your
web app context instead of running everything through the "axis" context they
suggest.

Then it's just like any other JAR you include in a web app. It has zero
impact on other web apps in the same container.

--
Lew

Jo 05-01-2007 08:07 AM

On May 1, 5:12 am, Lew <l...@nospam.lewscanon.com> wrote:
> Danno wrote:
> > On Apr 30, 9:59 am, Jo <jodiep...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi people:

> >> I was wondering what are your views, on which is the eaisest way to
> >> develop web services that either doesnt upset your current set up (ie
> >> no changes to server, config files, etc) or that changes it very
> >> little (ie no need to instal 53 plug ins and change ports ,etc ).
> >> and keeping the easy bit going.

> >> I m gonna be using some xml-rpc and soap
> >> I would really apreciate the input
> >> Cheers

> >> Jo

> > XFire would be a good solution

> So is Apache Axis.
>
> One trick with Axis is to fold its libraries and web.xml paragraphs into your
> web app context instead of running everything through the "axis" context they
> suggest.
>
> Then it's just like any other JAR you include in a web app. It has zero
> impact on other web apps in the same container.
>
> --
> Lew

i have just been looking at xFire, their "getting started" is not
really helping me
any other good tutorial for xFire? for example how do you know where
to store the service.xml ?
how do you build it? people who are using it seem to be very happy
with it, but I must be missing something
Cheers

jo

Jo 05-01-2007 09:43 AM

Re: web services without upseting current set up

getting a bit frustrated, somehow i lost the web service wizard from
eclipse.
anyone know how to recover it?

I am also lost with xFire, guidelines, pointers? very welcome

jo