Velocity Reviews

-   -   NTVDM.EXE (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t503042-ntvdm-exe.html)

=?Utf-8?B?Ym9iYmxl?= 04-27-2007 07:28 PM

NTVDM.EXE

When attempting to install CD the above stopped the installation. Any simple
solutions?

Feliks Dzerzhinsky 04-27-2007 07:49 PM

Re: NTVDM.EXE

Theo 04-27-2007 08:32 PM

Re: NTVDM.EXE

Another BIG MYSTERY!!!

Sherlock Holmes does not frequent this forum!!!

Sherlock Holmes 04-27-2007 10:15 PM

Re: NTVDM.EXE

Hello!

"bobble" <bobble@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:468A2BE1-61EE-45E1-970A-3ECC5B9C1F7A@microsoft.com...
> When attempting to install CD the above stopped the installation. Any simple
> solutions?

Quote:

- No 16-bit code can run, except for recognized InstallShield and Acme installers (these are hard-coded in Wow64 to allow them to
work).
- 16-bit Setup bootstraps are not supported.
- 16-bit MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows 3.x utilities will not start. If you attempt to start such a program, you receive a
"Program.exe is not a valid Win32 application" error message.
http://www.deskproto.nl/support/faq.htm
Quote:

Q: I cannot install DeskProto on my Windows XP system.
A: The error message says: "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suited for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows
applications."
This error is caused by the InstallShield software that uses some 16 bit code. It means that from directory C:\Windows\System32\ one
or more of the following files are missing: Ntvdm.exe, Autoexec.nt, Config.nt, Command.com. Restoring these files from the original
Windows XP CD will help. Also see the support information on:
the InstallShield website
the Microsoft website

Q: I cannot install DeskProto on my Windows XP-64 system.
A: The new 64 bits version of DeskProto is not yet supported by DeskProto. The program itself is compiled in 32 bit mode, so does
not access the advantages of 64 bit. In addition, no 64 bit dongle driver is yet available, and also the current setup program
contains some 16 bit code (see previous question) that does not run on Win64.
Regards, Roman

Theo 04-28-2007 12:52 PM

Re: NTVDM.EXE

Bobble, you can now deal directly with the best detective
ever - Sherlock Holmes!