Velocity Reviews

-   -   Testking? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t50218-testking.html)

Ben 07-29-2004 02:27 PM

Testking?

This is probably something I should have checked before posting my
anti-braindump/anti-testking post the other day, but...is testking really a
braindump? If you read their site it says:

"Today, as ever, you will find original training resources and certification
preparation solutions. Testking content is 100% braindump free. Brain dump
sites are not discouraged to advertise on our site, since we feel that
braindumps are counter-productive regarding your certification. Braindump
sites and the braindumps they provide are sub-standard training material.
For a solid IT career and future, you will need a firm understanding of the
core concepts found in each Testking Study Guide and Interactive Lab - you
won't find this from a brain dump."

Is that just bullsh*t? Or have they cleaned up their act and provided some
useful material? I've not seen any of there stuff, and don't really want to
waste $39.99 to find out that it IS a braindump!

--
Ben

IT Professional, MCP 70-210
"On my way to becoming fully certifiable!"

Jon 07-29-2004 02:49 PM

Testking?

TestKings are ok - they are not illegal, they are not
cheating, they are study aids and simulators used by many
training centers across the country. People who keep
harping about this are not informed and simply fully of
sour grapes. Even if you use TestKing or Transenders -
expect a tough exam there is no free ride. Some times you
will need to check with Testking for updates to training
materials, I have seen incorrect answers in some study
guides, but they are usually pretty good at updating them.
I especially find the TestKing online test simulators
helpful to students.

Good luck!
Jon
MCSE 2003

Doom 07-29-2004 03:07 PM

Re: Testking?

"Jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> TestKings are ok

<testking endorsement snipped>
Um yeah, I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there. testking
offers a first time pass guarantee which indicates to me they are a
br@indump. Also they are not approved by Microsoft. Even if testking is not
expressly banned by microsoft I'm not going to jeopardize my certs by using
a questionable product.

Techie 07-29-2004 03:11 PM

Re: Testking?

This is a joke right? For kicks the other day after I wrote my 20-714 exam I
had a look at the Test King for it and every single question I faced was in
the Test King with the exception of all the company names used being
TestKing so please don't give me this bullshit its not cheating. If you can
read and memorize the test questions and answers before you sit the exam its
cheating there is no other way of looking at it.
--
Techie
MCNGP #21

=?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?= 07-29-2004 03:15 PM

Re: Testking?

--------------------------------------------------^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm guessing their web master br@indumped English.

--
Fris "Don't never use double negatives" beeŽ, MCNGP #13

The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
http://www.mcngp.tk

Certaholics

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?= 07-29-2004 03:16 PM

Re: Testking?

Jon wrote:
> TestKings are ok - they are not illegal, they are not
> cheating, they are study aids and simulators used by many
> training centers across the country. People who keep
> harping about this are not informed and simply fully of
> sour grapes. Even if you use TestKing or Transenders -
> expect a tough exam there is no free ride. Some times you
> will need to check with Testking for updates to training
> materials, I have seen incorrect answers in some study
> guides, but they are usually pretty good at updating them.
> I especially find the TestKing online test simulators
> helpful to students.

Care to share exactly which training center you work for there, Jon?

--
Fris "Curious minds wanna know" beeŽ, MCNGP #13

Ben 07-29-2004 03:22 PM

Re: Testking?

"FrisbeeŽ" <billLASTINIT@dasi-software.com> wrote in message
> Ben wrote:
> > This is probably something I should have checked before posting my
> > anti-braindump/anti-testking post the other day, but...is testking
> > really a braindump? If you read their site it says:
> >
> > "Today, as ever, you will find original training resources and
> > certification preparation solutions. Testking content is 100%
> > braindump free. Brain dump sites are not discouraged to advertise on

> --------------------------------------------------^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> I'm guessing their web master br@indumped English.
>
> --

Yeah I wasn't sure about that bit, I think they mean 'are discouraged' or
'not encouraged'!

I think I'll take dooms advice and stay clear of them!

Ben

Brian 07-29-2004 03:24 PM

Re: Testking?

"Ben" <bjblackmore@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote
> This is probably something I should have checked before posting my
> anti-braindump/anti-testking post the other day, but...is testking really

> braindump?

In general about braindump sites:

First of all, be wary of any company that offers a pass guarantee. Second,
be wary of any company that does not tell you anywhere how to contact them
by phone or have a business address (testking website is hosted in India,
BTW). Third, if you are unsure, why not email our friend Mike C Phelp
(that's mcphelp) at microsoft and ask him?

Specifically about testking:

If they aren't braindumps, then why do they have a braindumps link on their
site? Also, if they aren't braindumps, then how is it that they are running
the same contest on their site as braindumps.com? Finally, although you
can't believe everything you read on the internet, a lot of people do post
about how great testking is because the have real exam questions.

Brian

Consultant 07-29-2004 03:33 PM

Re: Testking?

Melancholically Asian little girl

Doom 07-29-2004 03:35 PM

Re: Testking?

> I think I'll take dooms advice and stay clear of them!
>
> Ben

When in doubt take Doom's advice.