Velocity Reviews

-   -   16?, bit application fail to work ?.. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t502010-16-bit-application-fail-to-work.html)

tony sayer 04-24-2007 08:31 PM

16?, bit application fail to work ?..

As it sez.. under WIN 2k, well I'm assuming that!. For a while now some
older programs haven't worked, it looks like their about to start then
just, don't!.

I might have done something to this machine, anyone any ideas on what
might have been done?. No viruses known about or showing only suppose
something has been altered or deleted.

One instance is ntest by Nokia which is a simple screen test utility
when started first part shows for less then a second then nothing else.

Anyone any ideas?..
--
Tony Sayer

Brian L Johnson 04-24-2007 09:34 PM

Re: 16?, bit application fail to work ?..

tony sayer wrote:

> As it sez.. under WIN 2k, well I'm assuming that!. For a while now some
> older programs haven't worked, it looks like their about to start then
> just, don't!.
>

> I might have done something to this machine, anyone any ideas on what
> might have been done?. No viruses known about or showing only suppose
> something has been altered or deleted.
>
> One instance is ntest by Nokia which is a simple screen test utility
> when started first part shows for less then a second then nothing else.
>
> Anyone any ideas?..

When this has happened to me or my clients it's been because something has
been corrupting the 16-bit space. WinFAX was a bugger for doing it.

It's not a W2K problem as such -- that is, it's not the OS, it's an
application that causes the problem -- so your best chance is to try to
identify it by ripping things out of your start-up folder one-by-one until
you find the culprit.

--
blj