Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   DVD Video (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f40-dvd-video.html)
-   -   VHS => DVD in L.A. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t501456-vhs-dvd-in-l-a.html)

boyk@performancerecordings.com 04-11-2007 12:58 AM

VHS => DVD in L.A.
 
Any recommendations from first-hand experience? I need a place in
(preferably West) Los Angeles to transfer an irreplaceable old VHS
tape to DVD keeping the music's dynamic range.


Impmon 04-11-2007 08:41 AM

Re: VHS => DVD in L.A.
 
On 10 Apr 2007 17:58:58 -0700, "boyk@performancerecordings.com"
<boyk@caltech.edu> wrote:

>Any recommendations from first-hand experience? I need a place in
>(preferably West) Los Angeles to transfer an irreplaceable old VHS
>tape to DVD keeping the music's dynamic range.


www.videohelp.com has many guides and such for VHS to DVD transfer.
The easiest way to get VHS to DVD is to get a DVD recorder and hook
the VCR to it and do a direct VCR to DVD transfer. Not cheap but
easiest. Videohelp.com also has guide on player selections and user
rating so you could browse through them to find one that suits your
need, your price range, and is still available.

Or you could check the forum there for other ideas.

GMAN 04-12-2007 04:14 PM

Re: VHS => DVD in L.A.
 
In article <ro7p13dvlkh5ugvde6u2rbc9tdqb5srrnv@4ax.com>, Impmon <impmon@digi.mon> wrote:
>On 10 Apr 2007 17:58:58 -0700, "boyk@performancerecordings.com"
><boyk@caltech.edu> wrote:
>
>>Any recommendations from first-hand experience? I need a place in
>>(preferably West) Los Angeles to transfer an irreplaceable old VHS
>>tape to DVD keeping the music's dynamic range.

>
>www.videohelp.com has many guides and such for VHS to DVD transfer.
>The easiest way to get VHS to DVD is to get a DVD recorder and hook
>the VCR to it and do a direct VCR to DVD transfer. Not cheap but
>easiest. Videohelp.com also has guide on player selections and user
>rating so you could browse through them to find one that suits your
>need, your price range, and is still available.
>
>Or you could check the forum there for other ideas.

How can you call $79 for an entry level DVD Recorder from walmart , not cheap?

PS: i agree, the OP should buy a recorder and roll his own.

Impmon 04-13-2007 02:56 AM

Re: VHS => DVD in L.A.
 
On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 16:14:25 GMT, glenzabr@nospamhere.xmission.com
(GMAN) wrote:

>How can you call $79 for an entry level DVD Recorder from walmart , not cheap?


Anything from Walmart is cheaply built. Doesn't matter how big the
price tag is, it's made of only about $10 worth of plastic and metal,
assembled and never tested by chinese who get paid pennies per hour.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.