Velocity Reviews

-   -   Missing ring tone (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t501009-missing-ring-tone.html)

Duncan MacCallum 04-22-2007 08:09 AM

Missing ring tone

Hopefully someone might be able to assist with finding my ring tone.
Setup is Flexor 151 ATA to which is linked both voip and landline to
same phone and until couple of days ago all worked well.
Now although I can see incoming call via light on voip panel on ATA
there is no ring tone on phone.
Cant be phone problem as it will ring out on landline number.
I have checked this out via mobile call using two differing carriers.
I can make outgoing calls via voip line and receive incoming if I see
the light....
So could this be ATA problem or voip provider problem?

Any guidance most welcome

Cheers

Tim 04-22-2007 08:50 AM

Re: Missing ring tone

Duncan MacCallum wrote:
> Hopefully someone might be able to assist with finding my ring tone.
> Setup is Flexor 151 ATA to which is linked both voip and landline to
> same phone and until couple of days ago all worked well.
> Now although I can see incoming call via light on voip panel on ATA
> there is no ring tone on phone.
> Cant be phone problem as it will ring out on landline number.

Sounds like ring capacitor problem to me.

Have you changed the adaptor between the phone and the ATA?

Tim

Duncan MacCallum 04-22-2007 08:55 AM

Re: Missing ring tone

Tim wrote:
> Duncan MacCallum wrote:
>> Hopefully someone might be able to assist with finding my ring tone.
>> Setup is Flexor 151 ATA to which is linked both voip and landline to
>> same phone and until couple of days ago all worked well.
>> Now although I can see incoming call via light on voip panel on ATA
>> there is no ring tone on phone.
>> Cant be phone problem as it will ring out on landline number.

> Sounds like ring capacitor problem to me.

On what the phone? it rings via landline but pardon my ignorance...

> Have you changed the adaptor between the phone and the ATA?

Nothing has been touched but again I would be thinking power adaptor is
this correct?

Cheers

Jono 04-22-2007 10:41 AM

Re: Missing ring tone

Duncan MacCallum wrote:
> Tim wrote:
>> Duncan MacCallum wrote:
>>> Hopefully someone might be able to assist with finding my ring tone.
>>> Setup is Flexor 151 ATA to which is linked both voip and landline to
>>> same phone and until couple of days ago all worked well.
>>> Now although I can see incoming call via light on voip panel on ATA
>>> there is no ring tone on phone.
>>> Cant be phone problem as it will ring out on landline number.

>> Sounds like ring capacitor problem to me.

> On what the phone? it rings via landline but pardon my ignorance...
>>
>> Have you changed the adaptor between the phone and the ATA?

> Nothing has been touched but again I would be thinking power adaptor is
> this correct?
>
> Cheers

You might already have done this, however, just in case you
haven't.......have you power cycled the ATA?

Duncan MacCallum 04-22-2007 11:58 AM

Re: Missing ring tone

Jono wrote:
> Duncan MacCallum wrote:
>> Tim wrote:
>>>
>>> Sounds like ring capacitor problem to me.

>> On what the phone? it rings via landline but pardon my ignorance...
>>>
>>> Have you changed the adaptor between the phone and the ATA?

>> Nothing has been touched but again I would be thinking power adaptor
>> is this correct?
>>
>> Cheers
>>

> You might already have done this, however, just in case you
> haven't.......have you power cycled the ATA?

Tried to reboot from software management and ATA just hung.
Disconnected and fired up again and all seems well even incoming ringtone.
Its an ATA that at times can get confused........
Anyway Jono many thanks and also Tim for taking time to respond.

Cheers

Jono 04-22-2007 12:02 PM

Re: Missing ring tone

Duncan MacCallum explained :
>> You might already have done this, however, just in case you
>> haven't.......have you power cycled the ATA?

> Tried to reboot from software management and ATA just hung.
> Disconnected and fired up again and all seems well even incoming ringtone.
> Its an ATA that at times can get confused........
> Anyway Jono many thanks and also Tim for taking time to respond.

Glad you're back up & running.