Velocity Reviews

-   -   SPA-1001 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t500992-spa-1001-a.html)

Tim 04-12-2007 11:43 AM

SPA-1001

Hi,

SPA-1001's are back in stock again.

The unique point is being able to run 2 SIP accounts on 1 phone for
inbound and outbound calls.

Tim

Jono 04-13-2007 06:00 PM

Re: SPA-1001

Tim expressed precisely :
> Hi,
>
> SPA-1001's are back in stock again.
>

> The unique point is being able to run 2 SIP accounts on 1 phone for
> inbound and outbound calls.
>
> Tim

Mine arrived today. Thanks for the speedy service!

Phil McKerracher 04-15-2007 06:17 PM

Re: SPA-1001

"Tim" <nutnews@kooky.org> wrote in message
> SPA-1001's are back in stock again.
>
> The unique point is being able to run 2 SIP accounts on 1 phone for
> inbound and outbound calls.

I hope they have better firmware than the 2100 then, which can handle two
accounts in theory, but gets confused if you try it in practice (refuses
incoming calls but appears OK because outgoing calls work). Still waiting
for an upgrade that fixes this...

--
Phil McKerracher
www.mckerracher.net

Jono 04-15-2007 07:20 PM

Re: SPA-1001

Phil McKerracher brought next idea :
> "Tim" <nutnews@kooky.org> wrote in message
>> SPA-1001's are back in stock again.
>>
>> The unique point is being able to run 2 SIP accounts on 1 phone for
>> inbound and outbound calls.

> I hope they have better firmware than the 2100 then, which can handle two
> accounts in theory, but gets confused if you try it in practice (refuses
> incoming calls but appears OK because outgoing calls work). Still waiting
> for an upgrade that fixes this...

I have a 2100 that runs as expected, with no problems. Which firmware
are you using?

Mine's Software Version: 2.0.5(a). Never got round to updating it.

Tim 04-15-2007 07:29 PM

Re: SPA-1001

Phil McKerracher wrote:
> I hope they have better firmware than the 2100 then, which can handle two
> accounts in theory, but gets confused if you try it in practice (refuses
> incoming calls but appears OK because outgoing calls work). Still waiting
> for an upgrade that fixes this...

I've never heard anybody say that before.

Tim

Phil McKerracher 04-21-2007 11:06 PM

Re: SPA-1001

"Jono" <nothanks@blueyonder.invalid> wrote in message
news:mn.7cc47d74883d6ebd.48968@blueyonder.invalid. ..
> Phil McKerracher brought next idea :
> > "Tim" <nutnews@kooky.org> wrote in message
> >> SPA-1001's are back in stock again.
> >>
> >> The unique point is being able to run 2 SIP accounts on 1 phone for
> >> inbound and outbound calls.

> > I hope they have better firmware than the 2100 then, which can handle

two
> > accounts in theory, but gets confused if you try it in practice (refuses
> > incoming calls but appears OK because outgoing calls work). Still

waiting
> > for an upgrade that fixes this...

> I have a 2100 that runs as expected, with no problems. Which firmware
> are you using?
>
> Mine's Software Version: 2.0.5(a). Never got round to updating it.

Mine's running 3.2.5(d) allegedly

Jono 04-22-2007 11:39 AM

Re: SPA-1001

Phil McKerracher formulated on Sunday :
> "Jono" <nothanks@blueyonder.invalid> wrote in message
> news:mn.7cc47d74883d6ebd.48968@blueyonder.invalid. ..
>> Phil McKerracher brought next idea :
>>> "Tim" <nutnews@kooky.org> wrote in message

>>> I hope they have better firmware than the 2100 then, which can handle two
>>> accounts in theory, but gets confused if you try it in practice (refuses
>>> incoming calls but appears OK because outgoing calls work). Still waiting
>>> for an upgrade that fixes this...

>> I have a 2100 that runs as expected, with no problems. Which firmware
>> are you using?
>>
>> Mine's Software Version: 2.0.5(a). Never got round to updating it.

> Mine's running 3.2.5(d) allegedly

I don't suppose you're trying two simultaneous calls with two accounts
from the same service provider, are you, by any chance?

Phil McKerracher 04-22-2007 06:15 PM

Re: SPA-1001

"Jono" <nothanks@blueyonder.invalid> wrote in message
news:mn.b2f77d7447d292ce.48968@blueyonder.invalid. ..
> Phil McKerracher formulated on Sunday :
> > "Jono" <nothanks@blueyonder.invalid> wrote in message
> > news:mn.7cc47d74883d6ebd.48968@blueyonder.invalid. ..
> >> Phil McKerracher brought next idea :

two

(refuses

waiting

> >> I have a 2100 that runs as expected, with no problems. Which firmware
> >> are you using?
> >>
> >> Mine's Software Version: 2.0.5(a). Never got round to updating it.

> > Mine's running 3.2.5(d) allegedly

> I don't suppose you're trying two simultaneous calls with two accounts
> from the same service provider, are you, by any chance?

Different providers actually, but AFAIK most providers allow simultaneous
calls anyway, don't they? Indeed, that's one of the big benefits of VoIP
over POTS.

--
Phil McKerracher
www.mckerracher.net

Jono 04-22-2007 06:52 PM

Re: SPA-1001

Phil McKerracher brought next idea :

>> I don't suppose you're trying two simultaneous calls with two accounts
>> from the same service provider, are you, by any chance?

> Different providers actually, but AFAIK most providers allow simultaneous
> calls anyway, don't they? Indeed, that's one of the big benefits of VoIP
> over POTS.

Was just thinking aloud, really.

Got different ports set on each line? Port forwarding correctly? What
happens if you place the device in your router's DMZ? Are you, in fact,
using the SPA2100 as a router?

Tim 04-22-2007 07:09 PM

Re: SPA-1001

Jono wrote:

> Got different ports set on each line? Port forwarding correctly? What
> happens if you place the device in your router's DMZ? Are you, in fact,
> using the SPA2100 as a router?

Different local ports for both lines on SPA devices is important. Loads
of people think `um, SIP, should be port 5060` and then change the local
SIP port.

Tim