Velocity Reviews

-   -   Windows games? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t500445-windows-games.html)

Bob Benton 04-16-2007 08:21 PM

Windows games?

Way back when I bought this Gateway with Windows XP, a modest set of
computer games also showed up on the menu. Now, one of the games (Free
Cell) has a glitch and won't play. I can't find "Windows games" or anything
like it on the Windows disks that came with the computer so I can't
reinstall it. Any ideas out there on what to try next?

meerkat 04-16-2007 08:32 PM

Re: Windows games?

"Bob Benton" <bentarjr@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Way back when I bought this Gateway with Windows XP, a modest set of
> computer games also showed up on the menu. Now, one of the games (Free
> Cell) has a glitch and won't play. I can't find "Windows games" or
> anything like it on the Windows disks that came with the computer so I
> can't reinstall it. Any ideas out there on what to try next?

It`s a long way in !
Control Panel\Add/Remove programs\ L/H side is
Add/Remove windows components\Accessories and Utilities
\games. (uninstall, and reinstall).

Whew, I`m worn out now <g>.

MJP 04-16-2007 08:35 PM

Re: Windows games?

"Bob Benton" <bentarjr@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Way back when I bought this Gateway with Windows XP, a modest set of
> computer games also showed up on the menu. Now, one of the games (Free
> Cell) has a glitch and won't play. I can't find "Windows games" or
> anything like it on the Windows disks that came with the computer so I
> can't reinstall it. Any ideas out there on what to try next?

In control panel go to the "Add remove programs" option, select the "add
remove windows components", select the "accessories and utilities option.
Under the details section select "games"

Probably best to untick the games option and once they have been removed
reverse the procedure by ticking the games option to re-install them.

MJP

x@y 04-16-2007 08:45 PM

Re: Windows games?

"Bob Benton" <bentarjr@comcast.net> wrote in message

> Way back when I bought this Gateway with Windows XP, a modest set of
> computer games also showed up on the menu. Now, one of the games (Free
> Cell) has a glitch and won't play. I can't find "Windows games" or anything
> like it on the Windows disks that came with the computer so I can't
> reinstall it. Any ideas out there on what to try next?

Did you try the following Site?

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/SupportCD/XPGames.html

Use caution on what you install from downloads,
I did not test any Games for spyware or pests.

Good Luck. x@y

Bob Benton 04-16-2007 09:42 PM

Re: Windows games?

Thank you, "meerhat". It was a bit more complex than you indicated,
possibly because of mine own ineptitude, but all worked out well in the end.