Velocity Reviews

-   -   Do I need the Lightscribe service enabled;;; (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t500357-do-i-need-the-lightscribe-service-enabled.html)

Tester 04-13-2007 02:53 PM

Do I need the Lightscribe service enabled;;;

.... if I don't have Lightscribe-compatible disks?

My computer maker and the makers of my software seem to want me to be
running sh*tloads of startup programs which do things like checking if
anything has an upgrade or they make a program I run once a month load
faster and as a result everything gets bogged down.

If you install Apple Itunes it wants you to run an Ipod service even
if you don't have an Ipod!

I'm constantly removing this stuff with msconfig or regedit (yes, I
know - save any piece of the registry you delete) and I'm thinking of
going into services.msc and disabling the lightscribe service.

By the way, I'm looking at Linux and just out of curiosity has anyone
done any Lightscribe software for Linux?

Desk Rabbit 04-13-2007 03:42 PM

Re: Do I need the Lightscribe service enabled;;;

Geee! I don't know. Tried looking at http://www.lightscribe.com/ ?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?= 04-13-2007 04:03 PM

Desk Rabbit wrote:
> Tester wrote:
>
>> By the way, I'm looking at Linux and just out of curiosity has anyone
>> done any Lightscribe software for Linux?
>>

> Geee! I don't know. Tried looking at http://www.lightscribe.com/ ?

You cross-poster, you.

Desk Rabbit 04-13-2007 07:02 PM

Rgr wrote:
> Desk Rabbit wrote:
>> Tester wrote:
>>
>>> By the way, I'm looking at Linux and just out of curiosity has anyone
>>> done any Lightscribe software for Linux?
>>>

>> Geee! I don't know. Tried looking at http://www.lightscribe.com/ ?

> You cross-poster, you.

Sorry, busy working, not paying attention.

Tiscali Support 04-13-2007 08:08 PM

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 16:42:01 +0100, Desk Rabbit wrote:

> Tester wrote:
>> By the way, I'm looking at Linux and just out of curiosity has anyone
>> done any Lightscribe software for Linux?
>>

> Geee! I don't know. Tried looking at http://www.lightscribe.com/ ?

Not supported on Debian/Ubuntu.

Mara 04-13-2007 11:13 PM

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 12:03:14 -0400, Rgr <abuse@your.isp.com> wrote:

>Desk Rabbit wrote:
>> Tester wrote:
>>
>>> By the way, I'm looking at Linux and just out of curiosity has anyone
>>> done any Lightscribe software for Linux?
>>>

>> Geee! I don't know. Tried looking at http://www.lightscribe.com/ ?

>You cross-poster, you.

For some inexplicable reason my copy of Agent has suddenly stopped rendering
your nic. Therefore, you no longer exist.

Just thought you should know.

AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
--glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?= 04-14-2007 12:16 AM

Mara wrote:

> For some inexplicable reason my copy of Agent has suddenly stopped rendering
> your nic. Therefore, you no longer exist.

I've been told that before by various wimmin of the opposite sex.

Christopher Syn 04-14-2007 02:06 AM

Re: Do I need the Lightscribe service enabled;;;

Lightscribe is for labeling only

news:7m5v139tu96u94dcp81qst7hlu8u3ebaqv@entropy.or g...