Velocity Reviews

-   -   ASP.NET Impersonation in a Windows 2003 non domain member server (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t499191-asp-net-impersonation-in-a-windows-2003-non-domain-member-server.html)

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9oYW5uIEdyYW5hZG9z?= 04-20-2007 04:30 PM

ASP.NET Impersonation in a Windows 2003 non domain member server

Hi everybody,

Is it possible to do ASP.NET Impersonation in a windows 2003 non domain
member server (locate at the DMZ)? If so, how can I do that?

Thanks in advance for your kind reply

Best regards,

Johann Granados
Staff DotNet

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) 04-21-2007 01:44 PM

Re: ASP.NET Impersonation in a Windows 2003 non domain member server

Easily if you want to impersonate the local account(s). Not something you
can do on a non-domain machine if you want to impersonate a domain user.

You can, however, set up the machine as a machine that is trusted for
searching Active Directory. You can then use credentials of users, but
setting up true impersonation will take a lot of hacks.

Potential solutions that are more complete:
1. Add machine to domain
2. Set up a web service on a domain machine and have the application talk to
that machine for its domain specific (impersonated) data.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think outside the box!