Velocity Reviews

-   -   If only MS were this vigilant in persuing cheaters!!! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t49866-if-only-ms-were-this-vigilant-in-persuing-cheaters.html)

Sandworm 07-01-2004 02:37 AM

If only MS were this vigilant in persuing cheaters!!!

Too bad M$ dosen't persue cheaters with this type of veracity!!!

---

Teen arrested in alleged effort to bootleg ``Spider-man 2''

ALEX VEIGA, AP Business Writer
Wednesday, June 30, 2004

-------

(06-30) 18:00 PDT LOS ANGELES (AP) --

A 16-year-old was arrested early Wednesday in a theater showing "Spider-
man 2" after a projectionist using night vision goggles saw him using a
camcorder to make an illegal copy of the superhero sequel.

The teen could be charged under a law that went into effect Jan. 1 and
makes taking a recording device into a movie theater a crime punishable
by up to one year in jail and a maximum fine of $2,500.

The Los Angeles District Attorney's office is expected to review the case
and determine whether to charge the teen, who was released into his
parents' custody, said Sgt. Mel Amoroso, a spokesman at the Los Angeles
Police Department's Devonshire Division.

The film industry's trade group hailed the arrest and credited its recent
initiative to offer cash rewards of up to $500 to theater employees who
turn in moviegoers attempting to make illicit film copies.

"In theaters nationwide, there are now thousands of eyes looking for
camcording-pirates and this incident proves that pirates who use these
devices in theaters will be caught," said James W. Spertus, vice
president and director of antipiracy operations for the Motion Picture
Association of America.

Camcorders account for 92 percent of all illegal copies of films that
appear for sale over the Internet and are sold on street corners from
Burbank to Beijing, according to the MPAA.

The teen, whose identity was not made public, was among the throngs of
midnight movie viewers across the country who crowded theaters for the
debut of the "Spider-man" sequel.

According to the MPAA, the projectionist at the Pacific Winnetka theater
in the Los Angeles suburb of Chatsworth spotted the teen using a
camcorder a few minutes into the start of the film. He and two other
individuals with him were escorted out of the theater by security and
turned over to the police.

The camcorder contained a recording of the beginning of the film, the
MPAA said.

"Hundreds of people have put tens of thousands of hours into making a
truly great picture, and the notion of having it stolen and sent out for
free around the world is just plain wrong," said Jeff Blake, vice
chairman of Sony Pictures Entertainment, the film company behind "Spider-
man 2."

Neil 07-01-2004 07:53 PM

Re: If only MS were this vigilant in persuing cheaters!!!

Sandworm <sandworm@huntersthompsonisagenius.com> wrote in

> Too bad M$ dosen't persue cheaters with this type of veracity!!!

more benifits to having "evangelists", whether they cheated or not...

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Sandworm 07-01-2004 08:19 PM

Re: If only MS were this vigilant in persuing cheaters!!!

Neil <neilmcse@nospamforyou.com> wrote in
news:Xns9519A16CE9135neilmcsehotmailcom@207.46.248 .16:

> more benifits to having "evangelists", whether they cheated or not...

For reference see: Jim Baker, Robert Schuler,...pretty much all of them
actually.

Neil 07-01-2004 08:34 PM

#fLfBj6XEHA.3512@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:

> Neil <neilmcse@nospamforyou.com> wrote in
> news:Xns9519A16CE9135neilmcsehotmailcom@207.46.248 .16:
>
>> more benifits to having "evangelists", whether they cheated or not...
>>

> For reference see: Jim Baker, Robert Schuler,...pretty much all of them
> actually.

Billy Graham? Pope JPII?

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Sandworm 07-01-2004 08:40 PM

news:Xns9519A8653FF3Cneilmcsehotmailcom@207.46.248 .16:

> Sandworm <sandworm@huntersthompsonisagenius.com> wrote in news:
> #fLfBj6XEHA.3512@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:
>
>> Neil <neilmcse@nospamforyou.com> wrote in
>> news:Xns9519A16CE9135neilmcsehotmailcom@207.46.248 .16:
>>
>>> more benifits to having "evangelists", whether they cheated or not...
>>>

>> For reference see: Jim Baker, Robert Schuler,...pretty much all of

them
>> actually.
>>

> Billy Graham? Pope JPII?

Well brother Billy maybe not, but then I think it's more that women don't
want him so the opportunity never presented itself.

Pope JPII, I'm not so sure you can say not....just cause none of the boys
have come forward dosen't mean he's never broken his vows!!!

Neil 07-01-2004 11:57 PM

> Pope JPII, I'm not so sure you can say not....just cause none of the
> boys have come forward dosen't mean he's never broken his vows!!!

personally I'm not sure the dude is still alive...

there is prolly someone with thier hand up his back moving his mouth...

and since he's not really alive, he's likely clean on the alter boy
front...

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Sandworm 07-02-2004 12:03 AM

news:Xns9519CADF8BBC1neilmcsehotmailcom@207.46.248 .16:

> Sandworm <sandworm@huntersthompsonisagenius.com> wrote in
>
>> Pope JPII, I'm not so sure you can say not....just cause none of the
>> boys have come forward dosen't mean he's never broken his vows!!!
>>

> personally I'm not sure the dude is still alive...
>
> there is prolly someone with thier hand up his back moving his mouth...
>
> and since he's not really alive, he's likely clean on the alter boy
> front...

Not according to the Catholic religion (if you believe in that sort of
thing), I mean this is a religion with where Hell has a 'special
section', never heard of pergatory?

Kat 07-02-2004 12:07 AM

"Neil" <neilmcse@nospamforyou.com> wrote in message
news:Xns9519CADF8BBC1neilmcsehotmailcom@207.46.248 .16...
> Sandworm <sandworm@huntersthompsonisagenius.com> wrote in
>
> > Pope JPII, I'm not so sure you can say not....just cause none of the
> > boys have come forward dosen't mean he's never broken his vows!!!
> >

> personally I'm not sure the dude is still alive...
>
> there is prolly someone with thier hand up his back moving his mouth...
>
> and since he's not really alive, he's likely clean on the alter boy
> front...
>
> --
> Neil MCNGP #30

As a catholic, I resent that.

Kat 07-02-2004 12:11 AM

"Sandworm" <sandworm@huntersthompsonisagenius.com> wrote in message
> Neil <neilmcse@nospamforyou.com> wrote in
> news:Xns9519CADF8BBC1neilmcsehotmailcom@207.46.248 .16:
>
> > Sandworm <sandworm@huntersthompsonisagenius.com> wrote in
> >
> >> Pope JPII, I'm not so sure you can say not....just cause none of the
> >> boys have come forward dosen't mean he's never broken his vows!!!
> >>

> > personally I'm not sure the dude is still alive...
> >
> > there is prolly someone with thier hand up his back moving his mouth...
> >
> > and since he's not really alive, he's likely clean on the alter boy
> > front...
> >

> Not according to the Catholic religion (if you believe in that sort of
> thing), I mean this is a religion with where Hell has a 'special
> section', never heard of pergatory?

it's Purgatory, and thats not a special section of hell- it's where you're
cleansed before you go to heaven.

WTF. I have never heard of a special sectionof hell. What religion is this?
What is this special section for? Ex-politicians?

Sandworm 07-02-2004 12:17 AM

Re: If only MS were this vigilant in persuing cheaters!!!

"Kat" <mistyNOFRIGGENSPAM@flynt.org> wrote in

> "Sandworm" <sandworm@huntersthompsonisagenius.com> wrote in message
>> Neil <neilmcse@nospamforyou.com> wrote in
>> news:Xns9519CADF8BBC1neilmcsehotmailcom@207.46.248 .16:
>>
>> > Sandworm <sandworm@huntersthompsonisagenius.com> wrote in

>> > personally I'm not sure the dude is still alive...
>> >
>> > there is prolly someone with thier hand up his back moving his
>> > mouth...
>> >
>> > and since he's not really alive, he's likely clean on the alter boy
>> > front...
>> >

>> Not according to the Catholic religion (if you believe in that sort
>> of thing), I mean this is a religion with where Hell has a 'special
>> section', never heard of pergatory?

> it's Purgatory, and thats not a special section of hell- it's where
> you're cleansed before you go to heaven.
>
> WTF. I have never heard of a special sectionof hell. What religion is
> this? What is this special section for? Ex-politicians?

I'm not so sure I'd call a place where you spend 100 years in a black
void of nothingness a special section of heaven. Sounds like Seattle.

But hey to each their own.