Velocity Reviews

-   -   Datagrid on load; replace all double single quote to single quote to display to user (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t498435-datagrid-on-load-replace-all-double-single-quote-to-single-quote-to-display-to-user.html)

Eric Layman 04-12-2007 05:10 PM

Datagrid on load; replace all double single quote to single quote to display to user

Hi,

I've saved data into the db by doing a replace() on single quote.

Right now on data display on a datagrid, it shows double single quote.

How do I make changes during run time of datagrid so that the double single quote will be replaced as single quote?

Pls advise.

Thanks

ElmoWatson 04-12-2007 06:06 PM

Re: Datagrid on load; replace all double single quote to single quote to display to user

Your best bet, especially to prevent SQL injection attacks, instead, would be to use Parameterized Queries.
Here's a 2 part tutorial on that subject:
http://aspnet101.com/aspnet101/tutorials.aspx?id=1

David Wier
MVP/ASPInsider
http://aspnet101.com
http://aspexpress.com

Larry Bud 04-12-2007 07:59 PM

Re: Datagrid on load; replace all double single quote to single quote to display to user

On Apr 12, 1:10 pm, "Eric Layman" <namyalcire[at no spam]gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've saved data into the db by doing a replace() on single quote.
>
> Right now on data display on a datagrid, it shows double single quote.
>
> How do I make changes during run time of datagrid so that the double single quote will be replaced as single quote?

Are you saying the datagrid is converting a single quote from the
database two 2 single quotes?

Rad [Visual C# MVP] 04-14-2007 07:16 AM

On 12 Apr 2007 12:59:49 -0700, Larry Bud wrote:

> On Apr 12, 1:10 pm, "Eric Layman" <namyalcire[at no spam]gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've saved data into the db by doing a replace() on single quote.
>>
>> Right now on data display on a datagrid, it shows double single quote.
>>
>> How do I make changes during run time of datagrid so that the double single quote will be replaced as single quote?

> Are you saying the datagrid is converting a single quote from the
> database two 2 single quotes?

If the database stored a double quote then your code to save is the
culprit. Are you by any chance using parameterize queries for the insert?
If you are then there is no need to do the replace as parameters are smart
enough to handle single quotes
--
Bits.Bytes
http://bytes.thinkersroom.com