Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cisco 1721 Fast Ethernet Port unstable (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t498300-cisco-1721-fast-ethernet-port-unstable.html)

ITCOM 04-23-2007 01:43 AM

Cisco 1721 Fast Ethernet Port unstable

Dear
We have a problems. our router 1721 Fast Ethernet port unstable not work.
The port status always show up , but cannot connect to network. We need
restart Fast Ethernet mobule , after work on normaly. Because this router
managed by ISP provide.The ISP engineer say the siwtch problems. I have
replace the cable connect to siwtch,. I want to know error is switch or
router. please advice.

Thanks
ITITITIT

J.Cottingim 04-23-2007 05:22 AM

Re: Cisco 1721 Fast Ethernet Port unstable

Ok... This is a WILD guess - Check that the duplex of the switch. The
duplex and speed of the switch MUST match the duplex and speed of the
router. You can verify if you have the correct duplex by checking the
error counters on your switch port. If you have more than just a very
few errors, it's most likely wrong.
In that case, you'll need to check with your ISP and match yours to
theirs.

Does the switch show the router is connected?
Send the output of the "show interface" for the interface in question.

JC