Velocity Reviews

-   -   Admins need to work harder (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t49825-admins-need-to-work-harder.html)

nerd32768 06-25-2004 06:16 PM

Admins need to work harder

you people need to work harder instead of posting on these newsgroups
users' computers are taking more sick days than the users
http://news.zdnet.co.uk/0,39020330,39158478,00.htm

do something
or not
;)

Consultant 06-25-2004 06:36 PM

Re: Admins need to work harder

please create a helpdesk ticket and it will be escalated appropriately

JaR 06-25-2004 06:38 PM

Re: Admins need to work harder

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 13:16:30 -0500, nerd32768 extemporised:

> you people need to work harder instead of posting on these newsgroups
> users' computers are taking more sick days than the users
> http://news.zdnet.co.uk/0,39020330,39158478,00.htm
>
> do something
> or not
> ;)

Why would I want to reduce the down time?

Over here, we call that "Job Security"

obTangent

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/06...hits_websites/

I hear the cash register jinglin'.

JaR
Mercenary Thug

Neil 06-25-2004 06:40 PM

Re: Admins need to work harder

"Consultant" <consultant_mcngp@yahoo.com> wrote in news:ea1gQNuWEHA.212
@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:

> please create a helpdesk ticket and it will be escalated appropriately

be sure to include all of you details and an ACURATE description of the
problem

--
Neil MCNGP #30

nerd32768 06-25-2004 06:44 PM

Re: Admins need to work harder

> please create a helpdesk ticket and it will be escalated appropriately

Helpdesk Ticket
Name: "Nerd32768"
CompanyID: "32768"
Urgent: "yes"
Problem: "my computer doesn't work"
Symptoms: "it doesn't work"
Comments: "You computer people take to long to fix a problem. When my
computer broke fifteen minutes ago, and you didn't call me"

Kat 06-25-2004 06:49 PM

"Consultant" <consultant_mcngp@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> please create a helpdesk ticket and it will be escalated appropriately

It will? I've taken to just deleting the calls. makes them go away faster.

Kat

Brian 06-25-2004 06:57 PM

Re: Admins need to work harder

"nerd32768" <brin{removethis}sons@spymac.com> wrote
> you people need to work harder instead of posting on these newsgroups
> users' computers are taking more sick days than the users

We'll take that under advisement. Please see the BOFH for any further
issues.

Ken Briscoe 06-25-2004 06:58 PM

"Kat" <mistyNOSPAM@NOSPAMflynt.org> wrote in message

> "Consultant" <consultant_mcngp@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > please create a helpdesk ticket and it will be escalated appropriately

> It will? I've taken to just deleting the calls. makes them go away faster.
>
> Kat

I've found that something along these lines works best:

UPDATE Tickets
SET Status = "Complete", ResolvedBy = "Kat"

and running this in the database. Deleting things can get messy. Just mark
them all as completed, and deny that you know anything about it. You'll be
all set. Trust me.

--

KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

Neil 06-25-2004 06:58 PM

Re: Admins need to work harder

"Kat" <mistyNOSPAM@NOSPAMflynt.org> wrote in

> It will? I've taken to just deleting the calls. makes them go away
> faster.

the best
dump> /dev/NULL

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Kat 06-25-2004 08:09 PM

Re: Admins need to work harder

If the call shows as complete, I have some liability issues, especially if
my name is on it.

I'd rather delete it, denying having seen it in the first place, or set it
as complete by someone else.

Either or works for me.