Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Computer Support (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f33-computer-support.html)
-   -   news.individual.net down? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t497530-news-individual-net-down.html)

Geoff Pearson 04-09-2007 06:59 AM

news.individual.net down?
 
I can't get onto this news server - for which I pay. Anyone else having
trouble?



CoMa 04-09-2007 07:11 AM

Re: news.individual.net down?
 
On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 07:59:14 +0100, "Geoff Pearson"
<gspearson1647@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I can't get onto this news server - for which I pay. Anyone else having
>trouble?


Working at my end (sweden)


Geoff Pearson 04-09-2007 07:14 AM

Re: news.individual.net down?
 

"CoMa" <hubbabub-nys@algonet.se> wrote in message
news:lnpj13de5osd7tfn7lpvu9adlhgmrubkm7@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 07:59:14 +0100, "Geoff Pearson"
> <gspearson1647@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I can't get onto this news server - for which I pay. Anyone else having
>>trouble?

>
> Working at my end (sweden)
>


I can't even get their website



Walter Mautner 04-09-2007 07:37 AM

Re: news.individual.net down?
 
Geoff Pearson wrote:

>
> "CoMa" <hubbabub-nys@algonet.se> wrote in message
> news:lnpj13de5osd7tfn7lpvu9adlhgmrubkm7@4ax.com...
>> On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 07:59:14 +0100, "Geoff Pearson"
>> <gspearson1647@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>I can't get onto this news server - for which I pay. Anyone else having
>>>trouble?

>>
>> Working at my end (sweden)
>>

>
> I can't even get their website


Run a "traceroute" or "tracert" (windows) for news.individual.net and see
where it stops. Then contact your ISPs helldesk, providing that info (you
need to somehow overcome 1st level).
--
vista policy violation: Microsoft optical mouse found penguin patterns
on mousepad. Partition scan in progress to remove offending
incompatible products. Reactivate MS software.
Linux 2.6.17mm,Xorg7.2/nvidia [LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

CoMa 04-09-2007 07:38 AM

Re: news.individual.net down?
 
On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 08:14:27 +0100, "Geoff Pearson"
<gspearson1647@hotmail.com> wrote:

>
>"CoMa" <hubbabub-nys@algonet.se> wrote in message
>news:lnpj13de5osd7tfn7lpvu9adlhgmrubkm7@4ax.com.. .
>> On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 07:59:14 +0100, "Geoff Pearson"
>> <gspearson1647@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>I can't get onto this news server - for which I pay. Anyone else having
>>>trouble?

>>
>> Working at my end (sweden)
>>

>
>I can't even get their website



The website works here
http://news.individual.net/

Stroma 04-09-2007 10:08 AM

Re: news.individual.net down?
 
On 9 Apr, 07:59, "Geoff Pearson" <gspearson1...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I can't get onto this news server - for which I pay. Anyone else having
> trouble?


Not working for me either, Mate. Or the site.


Mike Easter 04-09-2007 10:24 AM

Re: news.individual.net down?
 
Geoff Pearson wrote:
> I can't get onto this news server - for which I pay. Anyone else
> having trouble?


I can access the website and the server.

Initiating server query ...
Looking up IP address for domain: news.individual.net
The IP address for the domain is: 130.133.1.4
Connecting to the server on remote port: 119
[Connected] The server greeted our connection with this message:
200 The server welcomes <snip my IP & rDNS> . Authorization required for
reading and posting.
Query complete.

Initiating server query ...
Looking up IP address for domain: news.individual.net
The IP address for the domain is: 130.133.1.4
Connecting to the server on standard HTTP port: 80
[Connected] Requesting the server's default page.
The server returned the following response headers:
<snip>


--
Mike Easter


Geoff Pearson 04-09-2007 10:29 AM

Re: news.individual.net down?
 

"Stroma" <stroma35@btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:1176113282.591599.112610@o5g2000hsb.googlegro ups.com...
> On 9 Apr, 07:59, "Geoff Pearson" <gspearson1...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> I can't get onto this news server - for which I pay. Anyone else having
>> trouble?

>
> Not working for me either, Mate. Or the site.
>


I am BT Internet/Openworld too - may be it is their problem?



Geoff Pearson 04-09-2007 11:32 AM

Re: news.individual.net down?
 

"Mike Easter" <MikeE@ster.invalid> wrote in message
news:461a144a$0$97224$892e7fe2@authen.yellow.readf reenews.net...
> Geoff Pearson wrote:
>> I can't get onto this news server - for which I pay. Anyone else
>> having trouble?

>
> I can access the website and the server.
>
> Initiating server query ...
> Looking up IP address for domain: news.individual.net
> The IP address for the domain is: 130.133.1.4
> Connecting to the server on remote port: 119
> [Connected] The server greeted our connection with this message:
> 200 The server welcomes <snip my IP & rDNS> . Authorization required for
> reading and posting.
> Query complete.
>
> Initiating server query ...
> Looking up IP address for domain: news.individual.net
> The IP address for the domain is: 130.133.1.4
> Connecting to the server on standard HTTP port: 80
> [Connected] Requesting the server's default page.
> The server returned the following response headers:
> <snip>
>
>
> --
> Mike Easter
>


it is working again now.

thanks for the help.



Stroma 04-09-2007 12:09 PM

Re: news.individual.net down?
 
On 9 Apr, 12:32, "Geoff Pearson" <gspearson1...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Mike Easter" <M...@ster.invalid> wrote in message
>
> news:461a144a$0$97224$892e7fe2@authen.yellow.readf reenews.net...
>
>
>
>
>
> > Geoff Pearson wrote:
> >> I can't get onto this news server - for which I pay. Anyone else
> >> having trouble?

>
> > I can access the website and the server.

>
> > Initiating server query ...
> > Looking up IP address for domain: news.individual.net
> > The IP address for the domain is: 130.133.1.4
> > Connecting to the server on remote port: 119
> > [Connected] The server greeted our connection with this message:
> > 200 The server welcomes <snip my IP & rDNS> . Authorization required for
> > reading and posting.
> > Query complete.

>
> > Initiating server query ...
> > Looking up IP address for domain: news.individual.net
> > The IP address for the domain is: 130.133.1.4
> > Connecting to the server on standard HTTP port: 80
> > [Connected] Requesting the server's default page.
> > The server returned the following response headers:
> > <snip>

>
> > --
> > Mike Easter

>
> it is working again now.
>
> thanks for the help.- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -


Fine here too, now.



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.