Velocity Reviews

-   -   New photo galleries of my work (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t497450-new-photo-galleries-of-my-work.html)

Wayne J. Cosshall 04-08-2007 11:32 PM

New photo galleries of my work

Hi All,

I've been reworking my personal photography and art site and it is ready
for comments:
http://www.cosshall.com/

Any and all comments and criticism welcome. I'll be putting more albums
of photography up over the next few days.

Cheers,

Wayne
--
Wayne J. Cosshall
Publisher, Experimental Digital Photography

Derek Fountain 04-09-2007 11:06 AM

Re: New photo galleries of my work

Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've been reworking my personal photography and art site and it is ready
> for comments:
> http://www.cosshall.com/
>
> Any and all comments and criticism welcome. I'll be putting more albums
> of photography up over the next few days.

It's a bit cluttered. White lines all over the place. I'd describe it as
'uncomfortable on the eye.'

--
Derek Fountain on the web at http://www.derekfountain.org/

Sudee 04-09-2007 05:55 PM

Derek Fountain wrote:
> Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
>
>>Hi All,
>>
>>I've been reworking my personal photography and art site and it is ready
>>for comments:
>>http://www.cosshall.com/
>>
>>Any and all comments and criticism welcome. I'll be putting more albums
>>of photography up over the next few days.

> It's a bit cluttered. White lines all over the place. I'd describe it as
> 'uncomfortable on the eye.'

I kinda like the lines. Maybe they line up well with my astigmatism. What's
uncomfortable on my eye is the stark white bold text on dark grey on the index
page. Maybe a non-bold or pale grey text color? The dark blue hover-link color
on a dark grey background may not be a good idea, either. It's almost like the
link disappears when my mouse passes over it.

Overall, a very nice looking site. The photography is very worth looking at.
You've been bookmarked!

--
Sue

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well
dance.
Unknown

mark.thomas.7@gmail.com 04-10-2007 10:34 AM

On Apr 9, 9:32 am, "Wayne J. Cosshall" <w...@dimagemaker.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've been reworking my personal photography and art site and it is ready
> for comments:http://www.cosshall.com/
>
> Any and all comments and criticism welcome. I'll be putting more albums
> of photography up over the next few days.

Hi, Wayne - some good stuff there, but I agree that the site looks a
little busy (I'm known as a minimalist, so just ignore me!). And I'm
afraid the third-person writing makes me cringe a bit.. If you (or
whoever it is) talk yourself up *too* much, you know who you might
turn into... be afraid..

But keep up the good works..

(O;

Poxy 04-10-2007 12:34 PM

<mark.thomas.7@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1176201263.176121.32890@n59g2000hsh.googlegro ups.com...
> On Apr 9, 9:32 am, "Wayne J. Cosshall" <w...@dimagemaker.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I've been reworking my personal photography and art site and it is ready
> > for comments:http://www.cosshall.com/
> >
> > Any and all comments and criticism welcome. I'll be putting more albums
> > of photography up over the next few days.

> Hi, Wayne - some good stuff there, but I agree that the site looks a
> little busy (I'm known as a minimalist, so just ignore me!). And I'm
> afraid the third-person writing makes me cringe a bit.. If you (or
> whoever it is) talk yourself up *too* much, you know who you might
> turn into... be afraid..

Yeah, the big text and the third-person hard-sell seems a bit much.

Also, it could be the lens you are using, but all the pics I looked at in
the photography section look like they've had a "glow" effect applied to
them. Not to say there's anything wrong with that - your post-processing
choices are just as important as what you chose to shoot, but I find it a
little distracting as it lends a little unreality to the pics.

That said, great stuff.

Wayne J. Cosshall 04-10-2007 09:34 PM

Re: New photo galleries of my work

Thanks all for the comments.

I'll make the front page text smaller. Not sure re the 3rd person. It is
normal in art circles and it is hard to work out how to spell out my
experience in the 1st person reasonably. I don't read it as hard sell,
in fact I tried for understated but the facts.

Re the lines in the galleries, I rather like then as they do define the
areas and purposes within the gallery. I may make them a light grey,
though, so they sit back a bit.

Cats 04-11-2007 06:57 AM

On Apr 9, 12:32 am, "Wayne J. Cosshall" <w...@dimagemaker.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've been reworking my personal photography and art site and it is ready
> for comments:http://www.cosshall.com/
>
> Any and all comments and criticism welcome. I'll be putting more albums
> of photography up over the next few days.

The dark blue hover colour is bad IMHO, as the link vanishes. The red
you use on other pages is much, much better as it's visible against
the black. I find the chat on the home page positively cringy - would
you talk like that to someone in person? I also found the
descriptions rather cringy - all that 'ongoing' stuff. How about a
simply 'last updated on <date>' instead? I would also make the
'Album: .... a link just as the image above is. As I'm viewing on
the laptop I can't comment on the photos themselves as it doesn't give
a fair rendition.

Rob 04-11-2007 09:13 AM

Cats wrote:

> On Apr 9, 12:32 am, "Wayne J. Cosshall" <w...@dimagemaker.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi All,
>>
>>I've been reworking my personal photography and art site and it is ready
>>for comments:http://www.cosshall.com/
>>
>>Any and all comments and criticism welcome. I'll be putting more albums
>>of photography up over the next few days.

> The dark blue hover colour is bad IMHO, as the link vanishes. The red
> you use on other pages is much, much better as it's visible against
> the black. I find the chat on the home page positively cringy - would
> you talk like that to someone in person? I also found the
> descriptions rather cringy - all that 'ongoing' stuff. How about a
> simply 'last updated on <date>' instead? I would also make the
> 'Album: .... a link just as the image above is. As I'm viewing on
> the laptop I can't comment on the photos themselves as it doesn't give
> a fair rendition.

its all a bit sus not much of intrest there