Velocity Reviews

-   -   HELP! Windows Office 2007 - Trial period over and now PROBLEMS!! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t497225-help-windows-office-2007-trial-period-over-and-now-problems.html)

=?Utf-8?B?RGFuaWVsIEphbWVz?= 04-07-2007 04:36 PM

HELP! Windows Office 2007 - Trial period over and now PROBLEMS!!

I have Office Professional 2003 and last year signed up for the Office 2007
Beta. As it expired in January 2007, I extended its use by signing for a 60
day trial. That period ended last weekend and so I lost most of the
functions for Outlook, Word etc. I could not afford to convert to the 2007
product at this time, so I deleted the 2007 Trial from Add/Remove section of
my Control Panel.

Now I don't even have any of my Office Professional 2003 programs and what
I'm left with is just the Windows Home version - with Outlook Express that I
had prior to buying and intstalling Office Professional 2003 two years ago.

I have a small business that I run from home and now cannot access my
Outlook mail and don't have access to my Business Contact Manager. I also
can't update my filed documents or in many cases, can't even open them.

How can I restore my Office 2003 and can I retrieve the Outlook files?

Aaron Kelley 04-07-2007 04:40 PM

Re: HELP! Windows Office 2007 - Trial period over and now PROBLEMS!!

You will need to find your Office 2003 CD and install it agian.

- Aaron

Theo 04-07-2007 04:52 PM

Re: HELP! Windows Office 2007 - Trial period over and now PROBLEMS!!

You would probably be more successful obtaining valid
assistance if you posted to an Office forum instead of a
Windows 64-bit Operating System forum.

DP 04-10-2007 02:00 AM

Re: HELP! Windows Office 2007 - Trial period over and now PROBLEMS!!

I'm sure you've already thought of this, but if all that data and
funtionality is important to you, you're going to have to shell out the
bucks and buy office.
You might be able to get 2003 cheap now that 2007 has come out.

As for the documents, the free Open Office suite ( www.openoffice.org ) will
open Word documents in the .doc format. As far as I know, it will not open
those in the new .docx format that Office 2007 uses. 2007, as you may
already know, did give you the option to save files in the old .doc format.
Hopefully, you do no have any important .docx files lying around.

Wordperfect should open Word files as well (.doc, not .docx). You can buy
freestanding Wordperfect for about $50, or you can buy the entire
Wordperfect Office suite for about $99. I don't know if Outlook data is
transferable to Wordperfect, however.