Velocity Reviews

-   -   Ping Bob Holmes and Ken Briscoe (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t49657-ping-bob-holmes-and-ken-briscoe.html)

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?= 06-08-2004 01:51 PM

Ping Bob Holmes and Ken Briscoe

Ken, excuse me if my memory fails (and it often does), I'm thinking you're
also an MCNGPer who uses Crystal Reports?

Could one (or both) of you MSN me? Having a frustrating time with Crystal,
and could use some expert help.

E-mail me at billh at dasi-software.com for my MSN handle, Bob. I think I
have Ken's MSN handle, but he appears to not be online at the moment.

--
Fris "Not so Crystal-Clear" beeŽ, MCNGP #13

The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
http://www.mcngp.tk

Certaholics

Ken Briscoe 06-08-2004 08:13 PM

Re: Ping Bob Holmes and Ken Briscoe

"FrisbeeŽ" <billLASTINIT@dasi-software.com> wrote in message
> Ken, excuse me if my memory fails (and it often does), I'm thinking you're
> also an MCNGPer who uses Crystal Reports?

Frisbee, check your email. Mission accomplished, I think...

--

KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

Bob Holmes 06-08-2004 08:18 PM

Re: Ping Bob Holmes and Ken Briscoe

You always seem to be about 2 minutes ahead of me.

--
Bob Holmes MCNGP #31

Ken Briscoe 06-08-2004 08:25 PM

"Bob Holmes" <rholmes@REMOVEmmwec.org> wrote in message
> You always seem to be about 2 minutes ahead of me.

Sorry Bob. Did you figure it out too? I had to do a windows installation, so
I had some time to kill while it was installing. Literally 45 minutes
straight trying to figure out how the heck to do this without creating silly
"placeholder" tables, subreports, or poking my eyes out. I think it's what
Fris wanted though - although it's not the most elegant solution ever. But
hey, he wanted free help, he got free help! ;)

--

KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

Bob Holmes 06-08-2004 08:32 PM

Re: Ping Bob Holmes and Ken Briscoe

Elegant would not describe the solution I provided. I think it will work,
though. We'll have to wait for him to tell us what did, or did not, work.

=?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?= 06-08-2004 08:39 PM

Ken Briscoe wrote:
> "Bob Holmes" <rholmes@REMOVEmmwec.org> wrote in message
>> You always seem to be about 2 minutes ahead of me.

> Sorry Bob. Did you figure it out too? I had to do a windows
> installation, so I had some time to kill while it was installing.
> Literally 45 minutes straight trying to figure out how the heck to do
> this without creating silly "placeholder" tables, subreports, or
> poking my eyes out. I think it's what Fris wanted though - although
> it's not the most elegant solution ever. But hey, he wanted free
> help, he got free help! ;)

Well dog-gone! I think I understand what you've done, but I'm going to have
to look at it a little closer. It appears perfect except that the first
detail line, not sure where it's getting that info, but like I said, I'll
need to look a bit closer. Maybe I had bonds 1-10 in there as well,
otherwise not sure where it's getting it.

I forgot to mention to you and Bob that I was using Crystal 8.5. Bob did
send me his solution, but I wasn't able to open it because he's apparently
using a later version.

Thanks, guys, I'll look at this a lot closer tomorrow and see if I can
figure it out.

--
Fris "Old Dog->New Trick" beeŽ, MCNGP #13

=?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?= 06-08-2004 08:42 PM

Bob Holmes wrote:
> You always seem to be about 2 minutes ahead of me.

I got your e-mail just now, too, Bob. Looks like your and Ken's solutions
are very similar. It also has the extra line, so there must have been other
records in my test data after all.

Thanks again.

--
Fris "We're here to help! Each other!" beeŽ, MCNGP #13

Ken Briscoe 06-08-2004 08:51 PM

> Well dog-gone! I think I understand what you've done, but I'm going to

have
> to look at it a little closer. It appears perfect except that the first
> detail line, not sure where it's getting that info, but like I said, I'll
> need to look a bit closer. Maybe I had bonds 1-10 in there as well,
> otherwise not sure where it's getting it.

Yes, you had Bonds 1-10 and 10001-10010 (split up, of course).

--

KB - MCNGP "CR thug" #26

Ken Briscoe 06-08-2004 08:53 PM

Re: Ping Bob Holmes and Ken Briscoe

"FrisbeeŽ" <billLASTINIT@dasi-software.com> wrote in message
> Well dog-gone! I think I understand what you've done, but I'm going to

have
> to look at it a little closer. It appears perfect except that the first
> detail line, not sure where it's getting that info, but like I said, I'll
> need to look a bit closer. Maybe I had bonds 1-10 in there as well,
> otherwise not sure where it's getting it.

Oh, the best way to see what I've done is to unsuppress Details a. This will
list all the bonds, making it easier to see where/how they've been broken
up.

--

KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26