Velocity Reviews

-   -   Clean Install from XP 32-bit to Vista Ultimate 64 bit (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t496067-clean-install-from-xp-32-bit-to-vista-ultimate-64-bit.html)

=?Utf-8?B?a3Juc2FtaWFt?= 04-03-2007 06:00 AM

Clean Install from XP 32-bit to Vista Ultimate 64 bit

I have a Acer Ferrari 4000, the operating system it came with is Xp 32 bit.
I have the Ultimate Vista both 32 bit and 64 bit, I wanted to do a clean
install of the Vista 64 bit but I am having a problem. When I insert the
Vista 64 bit disc it says, "Setup can not run on this version of the
Operating System. To install Windows please try booting from the install
media." How can I install the 64 bit Vista?

Jane C 04-03-2007 06:24 AM

Re: Clean Install from XP 32-bit to Vista Ultimate 64 bit

Make sure that your pc is set to boot from the DVD drive in your BIOS.
Insert the 64 bit Vista DVD and reboot.

--
Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :-)
MVP Windows Shell/User

Charlie Russel - MVP 04-03-2007 02:13 PM

Re: Clean Install from XP 32-bit to Vista Ultimate 64 bit

Jane is, as always, correct. ;)

And, just to be clear. Seveal of us here are running Vista 64bit on the
Ferrari 4000. Works just fine.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

=?Utf-8?B?a3Juc2FtaWFt?= 04-03-2007 05:32 PM

Re: Clean Install from XP 32-bit to Vista Ultimate 64 bit

How did you go about doing a clean install of Vista 64 bit to your Ferrari
4000? Is it correct that the only thing I need to do is set boot from the
DVD drive in my BIOS, insert the 64 bit Vista DVD and reboot?

Charlie Russel - MVP 04-03-2007 05:40 PM

Re: Clean Install from XP 32-bit to Vista Ultimate 64 bit

Yes.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

=?Utf-8?B?a3Juc2FtaWFt?= 04-04-2007 12:10 AM

Re: Clean Install from XP 32-bit to Vista Ultimate 64 bit

I found link yesterday on how to configure my labtop to wher it its set to
boot from the DVD drive but I can't find that article. What is the
link/number that explains how to boot my dvd drive in my BIOS.

Charlie Russel - MVP 04-04-2007 05:37 AM

Re: Clean Install from XP 32-bit to Vista Ultimate 64 bit

You don't need a number. Reboot your machine. When it starts up, you press
F2 to get into the BIOS. Go to the boot order section of the BIOS and change
the boot order to put the DVD drive first. Exit and boot with the Vista DVD
in the drive.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64