Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: OT: TechNet Article (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t495461-re-ot-technet-article.html)

Dustin Harper 03-31-2007 10:11 PM

Re: OT: TechNet Article

Yes, you are right. We should educate the users to help them help
themselves. Great point.

And with Vista, the newsgroups are built in to Windows Mail. Easy to find
and use (for the most part). A lot of users are mistakingly thinking that
they are asking Microsoft employees or think that it's a direct line to
Microsoft, which it's not.

I try to help fix the problem, most of them are easy enough. I may be wrong
with most, and I know I have been at least a couple times, assuming that a
user has gone through the regular channels (reboot, unplug USB hardware,
plug it back in, etc.). Google is a great resource, but with Vista, a lot of
people are having fresh problems that haven't been seen before. Or they know
the problem, but don't know how to word it right in a search...

On a sidenote: when I was doing tech support, I spent about 20 minutes
trying to get some ladies DSL working... Turns out she called the phone
company to have it turned off... Weird thing: she still said it was our
fault for her DSL still not working... I'm starting to learn not to assume
things! :)

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com