Velocity Reviews

-   -   WINLOGON.EXE -- Aplication Error (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t49528-winlogon-exe-aplication-error.html)

SUPERJSM 05-24-2004 08:18 PM

WINLOGON.EXE -- Aplication Error

Using Windows 2000, all of a sudden I receive
a 'Winlogon.exe' Application error.
When clicking on OK or Cancel on the error msg, I get the
Blue Screen of death.

Any ideas?

JaR 05-24-2004 08:44 PM

Re: WINLOGON.EXE -- Aplication Error

On Mon, 24 May 2004 13:18:22 -0700, SUPERJSM extemporised:

> Using Windows 2000, all of a sudden I receive
> a 'Winlogon.exe' Application error.
> When clicking on OK or Cancel on the error msg, I get the
> Blue Screen of death.
>
> Any ideas?

Yup. Check for Sasser.

JaR
MCNGP 10110

Ken Briscoe 05-24-2004 08:51 PM

"JaR" <Nunyobidness@softhome.net> wrote in message
> Yup. Check for Sasser.

I don't know if I'm lucky or stupid...or both...but I've not seen one single
instance of Sasser, and frankly, I don't even know what it does. None of our
machines got infected, my machines at home are safe, and none of my friends
have been calling me asking me to "take a look at my computer...it's acting
funny again". Knock. Wood.

--

KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

Neil 05-24-2004 11:23 PM

Re: WINLOGON.EXE -- Aplication Error

"Ken Briscoe" <youcant@sendmespam.com> wrote in news:eV9VXDdQEHA.644
@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:

> Knock. Wood.

oh, you've done it now. the virus god's will come a gunnin'

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Rowdy Yates 05-25-2004 03:34 AM

Re: WINLOGON.EXE -- Aplication Error

"Ken Briscoe" <youcant@sendmespam.com> wrote in

> "JaR" <Nunyobidness@softhome.net> wrote in message
>> Yup. Check for Sasser.

> I don't know if I'm lucky or stupid...or both...but I've not seen one
> single instance of Sasser, and frankly, I don't even know what it
> does. None of our machines got infected, my machines at home are safe,
> and none of my friends have been calling me asking me to "take a look
> at my computer...it's acting funny again". Knock. Wood.

i fought in the the sasser wars. pretty much whoever doesnt patch regularly
is target.

Rowdy Yates, MCSE
--
Rowdy's Home Page
http://rowdy_yates2.tripod.com/

The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere 05-25-2004 08:36 AM

Re: WINLOGON.EXE -- Aplication Error

>> Knock. Wood.
>
>oh, you've done it now. the virus god's will come a gunnin'

bot's ready for attack....

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Neil 05-25-2004 12:44 PM

> bot's ready for attack....