Velocity Reviews

-   -   wzc c# (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t495180-wzc-c.html)

Nelson Guerrero 03-30-2007 02:34 PM

wzc c#

Hi,
I've been reading and I found that I can use WZC, NDISUIO and WMI but I
don't really understand the differences.
Does anybody know how to change the SSID programmatically from C#? What
I really want to do is to detect the ap's and then change from one to
other automatically, each ap has different settings to connect like the
security settings, password etc. I'll appreciate your help.
Thanks,
Nelson

Arkady Frenkel 03-30-2007 05:09 PM

Re: wzc c#

You have wlan API but that for C/C++ , so you need introp for C#
For XP :
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb204766.aspx
For Vista :
Arkady

Pavel A. 04-01-2007 12:40 AM

Re: wzc c#

"Nelson Guerrero" <neshon@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Orpe5gtcHHA.4888@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> I've been reading and I found that I can use WZC, NDISUIO and WMI but I don't really understand the differences.
> Does anybody know how to change the SSID programmatically from C#? What I really want to do is to detect the ap's and then
> change from one to other automatically, each ap has different settings to connect like the security settings, password etc.

This is exactly why you want to use profiles and profile based API,
not just change SSID.
See the reply of Arkady.

Regards,
--PA

Doug Simar 04-03-2007 06:18 PM

Re: wzc c#

You really need a SNMP program and make sure that the AP's your using and
accept SNMP commands. You'll need some management software. The router you
taking seems are if your going to have to write software from scratch.
Unless your a Uber-code-geek. You'll drive yourself nuts.

Doug