Velocity Reviews

-   -   Wireless Netorking Disconnections????? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t4948-wireless-netorking-disconnections.html)

=?Utf-8?B?UnluZXQ=?= 11-16-2004 04:55 PM

Wireless Netorking Disconnections?????

I'm having an issue with my wireless network.
I'm using Windows as my configuration tool.
Whenever I'm wirelessly connected I every so often get booted when Windows
detects other networks in my area or other networks that are no longer
available.
Is there any way to stop Windows from disconnecting me from my network?

Thanks!
Ryan

Malke 11-16-2004 09:24 PM

Re: Wireless Netorking Disconnections?????

Rynet wrote:

> I'm having an issue with my wireless network.
> I'm using Windows as my configuration tool.
> Whenever I'm wirelessly connected I every so often get booted when
> Windows detects other networks in my area or other networks that are
> no longer available.
> Is there any way to stop Windows from disconnecting me from my
> network?
>
> Thanks!
> Ryan

In the Wireless Network settings, there is a place to choose the option
"only connect to preferred networks" which you should enable. This will
stop the problem you're having. You'll need to look around, probably in
the Advanced section. Sorry to be so vague as to its exact location,
but my laptop is not on right now.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User