Velocity Reviews

-   -   Need Help Urgently!!!!!!, MCSD OR MCPD????????? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t494613-need-help-urgently-mcsd-or-mcpd.html)

=?Utf-8?B?YW15YTEyMQ==?= 03-28-2007 03:38 PM

Need Help Urgently!!!!!!, MCSD OR MCPD?????????

Hello friends,

I hv 2 yrs exp. on .Net and now i am going for certification. But i am
little bit confused abt MCSD or MCPD.

If i go for MCPD, will be having same value as MCSD? or is there any
other certification equivalent to MCSD

Plz reply me as soon as possible.

Thanks in advanced
Amol Gholap

=?Utf-8?B?TGFycnlXZXN0TUNTRA==?= 03-30-2007 09:14 PM

RE: Need Help Urgently!!!!!!, MCSD OR MCPD?????????

The following chart may help:
MCSD MCPD
------ -------
..Net Framework 1.x (VS 2002) .Net Framework 2.x (VS 2005)
C# and VB.Net only Also has C++ on Win. Dev.
exams
Choose lang. when you sign up Choose lang. when you take exam
5 exams 3 exams
Must know both web & windows dev. Only need web or windows dev.
Must know Windows Architecture Doesn't have to take Arch. exam
Also earns MCAD Also earns MCTS
Never expires Expires after three
years
Lots of jobs listed on monster, etc. Not a lot of jobs listed (yet)
Upgrades to MCPD with 1 or 2 exams Must take all 5 exams to get an MCSD

I am sure others can add to this list.
I am surprised that Microsoft doesn't have a comparison on their website
like they do comparing MCAD to MCSD.
At this point, it is up to you to decide what is best for you personally.
If you have more experience with Visual Studio 2005 than 2003, it might be
best to start with MCPD.
If you don't, then start with MCSD and take the upgrade exams later on.

Hope this helps.

=?Utf-8?B?YW15YTEyMQ==?= 03-31-2007 07:54 AM

"LarryWestMCSD" wrote:

> The following chart may help:
> MCSD MCPD
> ------ -------
> .Net Framework 1.x (VS 2002) .Net Framework 2.x (VS 2005)
> C# and VB.Net only Also has C++ on Win. Dev.
> exams
> Choose lang. when you sign up Choose lang. when you take exam
> 5 exams 3 exams
> Must know both web & windows dev. Only need web or windows dev.
> Must know Windows Architecture Doesn't have to take Arch. exam
> Also earns MCAD Also earns MCTS
> Never expires Expires after three
> years
> Lots of jobs listed on monster, etc. Not a lot of jobs listed (yet)
> Upgrades to MCPD with 1 or 2 exams Must take all 5 exams to get an MCSD
>
> I am sure others can add to this list.
> I am surprised that Microsoft doesn't have a comparison on their website
> like they do comparing MCAD to MCSD.
> At this point, it is up to you to decide what is best for you personally.
> If you have more experience with Visual Studio 2005 than 2003, it might be
> best to start with MCPD.
> If you don't, then start with MCSD and take the upgrade exams later on.
>
> Hope this helps.
> --
> Larry J. West, MCSD, MCPD, MCTS:SQL Server 2005, MOUS, FLMI, ACS
>

> "amya121" wrote:
>
> > Hello friends,
> >
> > I hv 2 yrs exp. on .Net and now i am going for certification. But i am
> > little bit confused abt MCSD or MCPD.
> >
> > If i go for MCPD, will be having same value as MCSD? or is there any
> > other certification equivalent to MCSD
> >
> > Plz reply me as soon as possible.
> >
> > Thanks in advanced
> > Amol Gholap

Thanks for the information Larry. Most of the doubt abt it got cleared.