Velocity Reviews

-   -   Status of ASP.net wikis? Any good ones? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t494590-status-of-asp-net-wikis-any-good-ones.html)

darrel 03-28-2007 02:16 PM

Status of ASP.net wikis? Any good ones?

We have a rather large set of legal documents that are currently maintained
as Word files. This is tedious and a pain.

I've built a mini-CMS to allow them to maintain these documents as
structured files stored as XML. this works, but is still a bit tedious for
them to update. THe main problem is that the documents don't follow a set of
standard semantic rules, so even though it appears structured, it's still
very much random in it's format.

As such, I'm thinking a nice compromise might simply be to store it all in a
Wiki. this would make it easy for internal folks to update as needed and not
terribly difficult for the public to access.

However, the last time I went hunting for ASP.net wikis, I didn't find much
(about a year ago). Aside from Sharepoint (which will be a year or so before
we get fully running), are there any new viable ASP.net wiki options out
there?

-Darrel

=?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?= 03-28-2007 03:38 PM

RE: Status of ASP.net wikis? Any good ones?

FlexWiki seemed to me to be pretty sophisticated.
Peter

--
Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Short urls & more: http://ittyurl.net

Juan T. Llibre 03-28-2007 05:00 PM

Re: Status of ASP.net wikis? Any good ones?

The 2005 and 2006 builds ( 1.x ) had architectural problems.

See this page for details :

http://weblogs.asp.net/vga/archive/2...Practices.aspx

It looks like the 2.0 version will rock, though!
[ After they add SQL support, caching and security... ;-) ]

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/

Juan T. Llibre 03-28-2007 05:07 PM

Re: Status of ASP.net wikis? Any good ones?

If your requirements aren't too complex, Screwturn Wiki will do.

http://www.screwturn.eu/