Velocity Reviews

-   -   Slipstreaming winxp 64 sp2 into Winxp 64 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t494202-slipstreaming-winxp-64-sp2-into-winxp-64-a.html)

Kue2 03-15-2007 02:22 AM

Slipstreaming winxp 64 sp2 into Winxp 64

How can I tell if indeed I have successfully made a WinXP 64 with sp2 cd?? I
can boot from it,but how can I tell if it has sp2 without actually loading
it?

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?= 03-15-2007 02:39 AM

RE: Slipstreaming winxp 64 sp2 into Winxp 64

Kue2:
Please share with us the step by step method you have used for successfully
building your disc and maybe someone of the knowledgeable guys that hang
around this NG will come up with an answer.
Carlos

Tony Sperling 03-15-2007 02:51 AM

Re: Slipstreaming winxp 64 sp2 into Winxp 64

The Installation IS the acid test, I believe. Until then you can only pray -
I used nLite on one occasion, I don't think it would complete the job
without complaints if you ordered it to do something without supplying the
means in the end.

But you are right, how can you trust it as a back-up? You can of course
install it as a dual-boot and see if it behaves, and gallantly remove it
again if it does. . .

Tony. . .

Kue2 03-15-2007 02:52 AM

Re: Slipstreaming winxp 64 sp2 into Winxp 64

I used this link :
http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase...slipstream.asp
just followed the directions.

Kue2 03-15-2007 03:18 AM

Re: Slipstreaming winxp 64 sp2 into Winxp 64

I noticed that some files on the slipstreamed disk are dated 18/2/2007
therefore I must have succeeded {:-}

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?= 03-15-2007 08:57 AM

RE: Slipstreaming winxp 64 sp2 into Winxp 64

I followed Tack Techs guide with success.
Used Roxio Easy CD and DVD Creator 6.0 to burn.

But you have to replace I386 with AMD64.

http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=295

--
Asus P5WDG2 WS Pro (i975X Express)
Core 2 Extreme X6800

=?Utf-8?B?R3JhaGFtUw==?= 03-15-2007 09:27 AM

Re: Slipstreaming winxp 64 sp2 into Winxp 64

Don't people just use nLite for slipstreaming?
http://www.nliteos.com/nlite.html

=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?= 03-15-2007 06:25 PM

RE: Slipstreaming winxp 64 sp2 into Winxp 64

Carlos:

I used nlite to slipstream sp2 into xpp x64 and did a fresh install and all
appears okay except when I sync my time with time.windows.com it goes back 1
hour, which leads me to believe that the sp2 doesn't include the DST update
and it doesn't appear on the windows update site. Any thoughts?

Thanks
--
Steve
(x64man)

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?= 03-15-2007 09:25 PM

RE: Slipstreaming winxp 64 sp2 into Winxp 64

Steve:
I am not using DST in Argentina, so I don't have a clue.
Carlos

Theo 03-16-2007 11:05 AM

Re: Slipstreaming winxp 64 sp2 into Winxp 64

You can find the Time Zone update files at:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931836/