Velocity Reviews

-   -   When Installing - Get Blue Screen and Constant Restart (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t494083-when-installing-get-blue-screen-and-constant-restart.html)

=?Utf-8?B?aGF5dHJvcA==?= 02-27-2007 08:31 PM

When Installing - Get Blue Screen and Constant Restart

Hi Everybody !!

I have had a deep read and Search on the net and The Microsoft Website to
try find a Solution to my Most Heavy headache ProbleM. So the Problem ? = I
own an AMD Athlon Socket 754 3400+ 64 bit P.C. , Asus K8V SE DELUXE
Motherboard , 1 GiG Corsair Extreme gaming Memory and A Seagate Barracuda 80
Gig SATA II drive Which i have on Raid running as a SATA 1 and i manage to
install Windows Xp Professional x64 on the Computer But When the Installation
is done and Windows wants to Boot up for the 1st Time, I see a Blue Screen
for like a Second and The P.C. Restarts ?? I formatted and tried again to no
avail. I have tested Windows XP Pro Sp1 and SP2 32 Bit and that installs,
Boots and runs No ProbleM !? PLEASE A CRY OUT To AnyBody Who has Experienced
this And Can help. Thanks Staxxxx
--
Not much Thanks - All is Good

Charlie Russel - MVP 02-27-2007 11:38 PM

Re: When Installing - Get Blue Screen and Constant Restart

1.) You need to set Windows to NOT automatically restart when it has a stop
error. Do this by pressing F8 during the boot process and changing the
setting in the menu that you see.
2.) Once you have the setting changed, you will be able to see what the stop
error is that Windows is showing. Use that plus Google to discover what the
most likely cause is. Or ask here.
3.) I'll short-circuit this slightly. A single drive can not ever be RAID 1.
And if you have it connected to the Promise controller on that motherboard,
you need to move it to the VIA controller and use F6 during the initial
installation and load the VIA RAID drivers from a floppy disk. The Promise
controller is likely the problem.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

=?Utf-8?B?UmljaA==?= 03-01-2007 05:36 PM

RE: When Installing - Get Blue Screen and Constant Restart

First, as Charlie said, if you only have one drive you really don't have a
RAID configuration. You should turn RAID off in the bios (at least this is
what you do with my Foxconn board).

Next I had the same problem and it was definitely the RAID drivers that did
it. When I turned off Raid everything worked. As I have no floppy (take
note MS people often don't have floppies anymore) drive I created a
slipstream CD to do the installation. My mistake was not putting the
compressed drivers in both the I386 and AMD64 folders. If you are doing a
slipstream CD try this link
http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.c...id=1703&page=1