Velocity Reviews

-   -   internet access blocked (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t493989-internet-access-blocked.html)

RR 02-19-2007 07:29 AM

internet access blocked

I am using Firefox web browser with Windows XP64 to view mapquest.com,
but after a minute or two of pushing the map around web access is
completely non functional. Internet explorer is also non functional. I
have already asked my ISP about this. They had me change or enable my
activex and reboot my computer and router but abviousely it has not
helped. If I reboot my computer and router and wait a while I am able to
get back to normal operation.

What is mapquest doing that messes my system up?

Tony Sperling 02-19-2007 11:31 AM

Re: internet access blocked

I doubt it that it messes with your system as such - it may be Java or
dotNet dependent, check your installed versions and check the Site for
installation dependencies!

dotNet frameworks is about to be released in it's third version - you
probably should have v. 2.0 anyway.

Tony. . .

news:1YWdnZ9AWq9szETYnZ2dnUVZ_vamnZ2d@comcast.com. ..

RR 02-20-2007 09:48 AM

Re: internet access blocked

Tony Sperling wrote:
> I doubt it that it messes with your system as such - it may be Java or
> dotNet dependent, check your installed versions and check the Site for
> installation dependencies!
>
> dotNet frameworks is about to be released in it's third version - you
> probably should have v. 2.0 anyway.
>

> Tony. . .
>

> "RR" <yourspam@blocked.com> wrote in message
> news:1YWdnZ9AWq9szETYnZ2dnUVZ_vamnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
>> I am using Firefox web browser with Windows XP64 to view mapquest.com,
>> but after a minute or two of pushing the map around web access is
>> completely non functional. Internet explorer is also non functional. I
>> have already asked my ISP about this. They had me change or enable my
>> activex and reboot my computer and router but abviousely it has not
>> helped. If I reboot my computer and router and wait a while I am able to
>> get back to normal operation.
>>
>> What is mapquest doing that messes my system up?

how do I check and where would I get frameworks?

Tony Sperling 02-20-2007 10:41 AM

Re: internet access blocked

Java:

http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp

it's JRE6 you want. At some point after Download/Install, I don't remember
which - you are offered an option to check for your successful installation,
use it - it then installs itself in your Programs Start Menu.

dotNet:

Check both sites regularly ( every once in a quarter? ) for new versions.

news:I5qdna01i_BmXkfYnZ2dnUVZ_vjinZ2d@comcast.com. ..

RR 02-21-2007 01:24 AM

Re: internet access blocked

Tony Sperling wrote:
> Java:
>
> http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
>
> it's JRE6 you want. At some point after Download/Install, I don't remember
> which - you are offered an option to check for your successful installation,
> use it - it then installs itself in your Programs Start Menu.
>
> dotNet:

> Check both sites regularly ( every once in a quarter? ) for new versions.
>

> Tony. . .

would doing the Windows updates do the same thing ?

Aaron Kelley 02-21-2007 03:03 AM

Re: internet access blocked

Windows Update will get you the .NET Framework (it's an optional update) but
not the Java Runtime Environment.

- Aaron

news:sYSdnWv5MP_eAkbYnZ2dnUVZ_ojinZ2d@comcast.com. ..

Dshai 02-21-2007 02:42 PM

Re: internet access blocked

For the Java Runtime Enviroment go to http://java.com/en/ and click on
Download Now.

--

Dshai

Life is only limited by those living it...