Velocity Reviews

-   -   This mother Board.. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t493972-this-mother-board.html)

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9obg==?= 02-16-2007 08:31 AM

This mother Board..

My mother board is FOXCONN 915P7MH Series. Does it support 64-bit computing?
If you use this mother board, Do you use 64-bit computing?

Tony Sperling 02-16-2007 10:34 AM

Re: This mother Board..

It would seem that this board supports a processor that can do 64bit
(EM64T - as opposed to AMD64). The processor is the defining issue so, yes -
if you install a 64bit OS, this motherboard supports 64bit. However, it does
not seem to be terribly advanced for such a job, rather moderate memory
support, I think. But no reason to believe it wouldn't do a great job as
such. I am just not familiar with the FoxConns, and I think there are much
more powerfull alternatives out there.

But then it may be important to consider that if you don't really need it,
you will not be experiencing any performance difference. If you love to
solve endless problems, then 64bit is for you - if you just need a 'puter'
that works - stay 32bit!

Tony. . .

Nut Cracker 02-16-2007 05:47 PM

Re: This mother Board..

I would also ensure that there are adequate XP64/Vista64 drivers for the
integrated devices before I made such a move.

- NuTs