Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Windows 64bit (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f46-windows-64bit.html)
-   -   UBER SUPER SLOW... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t493928-uber-super-slow.html)

=?Utf-8?B?RmlyYXR5dXM=?= 02-11-2007 07:56 PM

UBER SUPER SLOW...
 
I am not sure if i am the only one with this problem but my system is not
responding to anything for 10-20 mins then everything is lighthing fast then
you wanna do something else then it just waits for another 20mins. you click
on the windows explorer then you wait another 10 mins then you type the site
name you want to go to then you wait another 20 mins. System is amd dual core
3800
ati radeon x1950&ati radeon x1900 (dual pci) 2gigs of ram and 2 sata 200 gig
hard drives. and just clean installed a 64bit vista ultimate.. Did i do
something wrong
any suggestions.......

John Barnes 02-11-2007 08:45 PM

Re: UBER SUPER SLOW...
 
You should look at your system ratings, and see if you have a clue from
there. Could be drivers. Can you look in task manager and see if anything
is max-ing out your cpu cycles. You can use the Vista performance tools to
see if you can get a clue. Type perf in the start/search.

"Firatyus" <Firatyus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:C117C60E-5117-4156-9B95-168CB70D9B0E@microsoft.com...
>I am not sure if i am the only one with this problem but my system is not
> responding to anything for 10-20 mins then everything is lighthing fast
> then
> you wanna do something else then it just waits for another 20mins. you
> click
> on the windows explorer then you wait another 10 mins then you type the
> site
> name you want to go to then you wait another 20 mins. System is amd dual
> core
> 3800
> ati radeon x1950&ati radeon x1900 (dual pci) 2gigs of ram and 2 sata 200
> gig
> hard drives. and just clean installed a 64bit vista ultimate.. Did i do
> something wrong
> any suggestions.......



=?Utf-8?B?RmlyYXR5dXM=?= 02-11-2007 10:49 PM

Re: UBER SUPER SLOW...
 
nope Cpu is at either at 3 or 0 percent. and system rating is at 5.9 and next
to it says unrated.... what should i do?
by the way that performance thingy is really cool. I wish i could put it
thru a real test..

"John Barnes" wrote:

> You should look at your system ratings, and see if you have a clue from
> there. Could be drivers. Can you look in task manager and see if anything
> is max-ing out your cpu cycles. You can use the Vista performance tools to
> see if you can get a clue. Type perf in the start/search.
>
> "Firatyus" <Firatyus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:C117C60E-5117-4156-9B95-168CB70D9B0E@microsoft.com...
> >I am not sure if i am the only one with this problem but my system is not
> > responding to anything for 10-20 mins then everything is lighthing fast
> > then
> > you wanna do something else then it just waits for another 20mins. you
> > click
> > on the windows explorer then you wait another 10 mins then you type the
> > site
> > name you want to go to then you wait another 20 mins. System is amd dual
> > core
> > 3800
> > ati radeon x1950&ati radeon x1900 (dual pci) 2gigs of ram and 2 sata 200
> > gig
> > hard drives. and just clean installed a 64bit vista ultimate.. Did i do
> > something wrong
> > any suggestions.......

>
>


Tony Sperling 02-12-2007 03:36 PM

Re: UBER SUPER SLOW...
 
Did you install the motherboard drivers (the system CD that came with your
machine)? Perhaps some of your hardware isn't readily compatible with your
BIOS, go have a look at the manufacturer's site, and Flash if there is a
newer version that seem to adress your problem.

People here have reported serious trouble with Trend Micro Anti-Virus. I
don't remember the nature of the trouble.

Perhaps, even - you installed something and didn't take care to see if it
had a 64bit driver? Printers - Scanners - External Devices - Anything that
needs a driver, must have a 64bit driver on this system. There really is no
way around that requirement!


Tony. . .


"Firatyus" <Firatyus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:B938EA61-9CFE-45E8-B99F-FFBCF46A0BB9@microsoft.com...
> nope Cpu is at either at 3 or 0 percent. and system rating is at 5.9 and

next
> to it says unrated.... what should i do?
> by the way that performance thingy is really cool. I wish i could put it
> thru a real test..
>
> "John Barnes" wrote:
>
> > You should look at your system ratings, and see if you have a clue from
> > there. Could be drivers. Can you look in task manager and see if

anything
> > is max-ing out your cpu cycles. You can use the Vista performance tools

to
> > see if you can get a clue. Type perf in the start/search.
> >
> > "Firatyus" <Firatyus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:C117C60E-5117-4156-9B95-168CB70D9B0E@microsoft.com...
> > >I am not sure if i am the only one with this problem but my system is

not
> > > responding to anything for 10-20 mins then everything is lighthing

fast
> > > then
> > > you wanna do something else then it just waits for another 20mins. you
> > > click
> > > on the windows explorer then you wait another 10 mins then you type

the
> > > site
> > > name you want to go to then you wait another 20 mins. System is amd

dual
> > > core
> > > 3800
> > > ati radeon x1950&ati radeon x1900 (dual pci) 2gigs of ram and 2 sata

200
> > > gig
> > > hard drives. and just clean installed a 64bit vista ultimate.. Did i

do
> > > something wrong
> > > any suggestions.......

> >
> >





All times are GMT. The time now is 07:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.