Velocity Reviews

-   -   File transfer from XP 32 to Vista 64 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t493868-file-transfer-from-xp-32-to-vista-64-a.html)

=?Utf-8?B?R3V0cHJvYmVy?= 02-05-2007 04:28 AM

File transfer from XP 32 to Vista 64

Can I use the Easy Transfer Wizard to transfer files/programs from my old
Windows XP Pro 32-bit PC to a new Vista Home 64-bit PC? Will there be
problems accessing my Outlook and Word files in a 64-bit environment? I
assume I need to install the old 32-bit version of Office onto the new Vista
computer, or can I use the new Office version and still access those 32-bit
files?

Thanks for the help.

John Barnes 02-05-2007 04:43 AM

Re: File transfer from XP 32 to Vista 64

Files are files, neither 32-bit or 64-bit. You will have no problem reading
files created in a 32-bit program with a 64-bit program. Many here shared
files from XP86 to XP64. As to Easy Transfer someone else will answer