Velocity Reviews

-   -   SplWOW64.exe prevents RDP sessions from disconnecting. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t493781-splwow64-exe-prevents-rdp-sessions-from-disconnecting.html)

=?Utf-8?B?YWpzdGFkbGlu?= 01-27-2007 01:56 PM

SplWOW64.exe prevents RDP sessions from disconnecting.

I just set up a new WS2003/64 bit Terminal Server with all updates. I have a
legacy Delphi application run by Remote Desktop clients. I don't experience
this problem in Windows 2000/32 bit Terminal Server. I discovered that the
problem appears to be that splwow64.exe is not closing after the application
closes.

I tried the registry setting for SplWOW64TimeOut. This seems to work after
several minutes (when set to 1 minute). But this is too long to wait;
especially if the user wants to quit. For some reason, my users don't like
having to wait 2 minutes or more to quit an application. Especially when the
feedback that they get on close is a locked up blank blue screen. This is
particulary unacceptable for users on thin client terminals who cannot open a
second RDP session before the previous session times out.

I haven't found any references to fixing this problem; other than the
SplWOW64TimeOut registry setting.

This is a real show stopper for migrating to Windows Server 2003/64 bit
Terminal Server.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

BMTaylor10 05-05-2009 02:40 PM

Re: SplWOW64.exe prevents RDP sessions from disconnecting.

Did anyone find an answer to this?

--
BMTaylor10
BMTaylor10's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/96481.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Kirk.RS 10-26-2009 11:11 AM

Re: SplWOW64.exe prevents RDP sessions from disconnecting.

The answer to this is that MS in their infinite wisdom, decided not t
add this new background process/service to their list of TS processe
within the registry. So when your application quits, the TS Sessio
treats SPLwow64.exe as an application!

Save the following details to msrdp-x64-fix.reg

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Termina
Server\SysProcs]
"SPLWOW64.EXE"=dword:00000000

Just run file on any x64 terminal Server.

Cheers

Ric

--
Kirk.R