Velocity Reviews

-   -   Detecting 64-Bit DLLs (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t493750-detecting-64-bit-dlls.html)

Jim Henriksen 01-25-2007 01:29 PM

Detecting 64-Bit DLLs

What is the best way to determine that a DLL is 32- or 64-bit from a
running program? If I issue a LoadLibrary call that attempts to load a
32-bit DLL from my 64-bit application, the result is
ERROR_BAD_EXE_FORMAT. This information is uncomfortably vague. While
in most cases, the problem is that a 32-bit DLL has been used, the
possibility remains that the DLL could be an improperly formatted 64-bit
DLL.

Holger 02-03-2007 01:17 AM

Re: Detecting 64-Bit DLLs

Hello Jim,
you can use GetBinaryType for your purpose:

Best regards,
Holger