Velocity Reviews

-   -   XP x64 Crashing (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t493595-xp-x64-crashing.html)

Spinnacre 01-05-2007 10:00 PM

XP x64 Crashing

Whenever I 'move' the jpeg files from a USB-attached flash drive (various digital cameras) using windows explorer, XP x64 immediately crashes during the 1st file transfer (instant reboot of the system...no BSOD or minidump). I have circumvented this problem by 'copying' the files rather than moving them, but I am just curious about why this zaps my system every time... especially annoying when if momentarily forget. Thanks in advance for any insight.

~Spinnacre

John Barnes 01-05-2007 10:14 PM

Re: XP x64 Crashing

You should go into System Properties/Advanced/startup and turn off automatically restart. You should then get the error code and error message which should help in finding a solution.

mikeyhsd 01-05-2007 11:40 PM

Re: XP x64 Crashing

the picture/camera wizard does not pop up to aid in managing the pictures/

mikeyhsd@sport.rr.com