Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Windows 64bit (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f46-windows-64bit.html)
-   -   XP x64 Crashing (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t493595-xp-x64-crashing.html)

Spinnacre 01-05-2007 10:00 PM

XP x64 Crashing

Whenever I 'move' the jpeg files from a USB-attached flash drive (various digital cameras) using windows explorer, XP x64 immediately crashes during the 1st file transfer (instant reboot of the system...no BSOD or minidump). I have circumvented this problem by 'copying' the files rather than moving them, but I am just curious about why this zaps my system every time... especially annoying when if momentarily forget. Thanks in advance for any insight.

~Spinnacre

John Barnes 01-05-2007 10:14 PM

Re: XP x64 Crashing

You should go into System Properties/Advanced/startup and turn off automatically restart. You should then get the error code and error message which should help in finding a solution.
"Spinnacre" <spinnacre@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:10083F5A-B4F5-41BE-B00E-0604E0B46327@microsoft.com...
Whenever I 'move' the jpeg files from a USB-attached flash drive (various digital cameras) using windows explorer, XP x64 immediately crashes during the 1st file transfer (instant reboot of the system...no BSOD or minidump). I have circumvented this problem by 'copying' the files rather than moving them, but I am just curious about why this zaps my system every time... especially annoying when if momentarily forget. Thanks in advance for any insight.

~Spinnacre

mikeyhsd 01-05-2007 11:40 PM

the picture/camera wizard does not pop up to aid in managing the pictures/

mikeyhsd@sport.rr.com

"Spinnacre" <spinnacre@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:10083F5A-B4F5-41BE-B00E-0604E0B46327@microsoft.com...

~Spinnacre

Spinnacre 01-10-2007 10:18 PM

I don't know how that worked, but it did. I expected that I would get a BSOD or some other problem, but it seems to work as it always should have. So thanks!

~Spinnacre
"John Barnes" <jbarnes@email.net> wrote in message news:%23sl7ybRMHHA.600@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
You should go into System Properties/Advanced/startup and turn off automatically restart. You should then get the error code and error message which should help in finding a solution.

~Spinnacre

John Barnes 01-10-2007 11:55 PM

Not a solution, but if the problem recurs, you should at least have an error code and message. Good luck.
"Spinnacre" <spinnacre@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:FB415D58-0F13-44DE-B23C-80FC373AFD64@microsoft.com...
I don't know how that worked, but it did. I expected that I would get a BSOD or some other problem, but it seems to work as it always should have. So thanks!

~Spinnacre
"John Barnes" <jbarnes@email.net> wrote in message news:%23sl7ybRMHHA.600@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

~Spinnacre