Velocity Reviews

-   -   hour glass hangup (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t493497-hour-glass-hangup.html)

=?Utf-8?B?Zmtvc21ha29z?= 12-25-2006 03:49 AM

hour glass hangup

My brother, who is a true newbie, downloaded IE 7 and now his computer hangs
up all of the time. If he clicks on something, an hour glass hovers, and
nothing happens.

I will be visiting him in a few days and would like some tips

Colin Barnhorst 12-25-2006 05:25 AM

Re: hour glass hangup

He should use System Restore to roll back to the point where IE7 was
installed (the installer should have set the point). He can call Microsoft
Product Support Services if he wants to get IE7 going now. He is entitled
to call on installation issues even if Windows came preinstalled on his
computer.

Colin Barnhorst 12-27-2006 07:29 PM

Re: hour glass hangup

He should boot with the dvd, click on Install, and then run system restore.
That is a new recovery option with the WinRE tools you get to when booting
from the dvd. You might want to try that yourself to see what I mean.

=?Utf-8?B?Zmtvc21ha29z?= 12-27-2006 09:30 PM

Re: hour glass hangup

I appreciate your time and effort. Knowing my younger brother, I could almost
bet the farm that he does not have the dvd ( Computer was his from his
business that failed, and it was one of the few things he took with him when
he left the building). I know he has XP Home on his wife's computer, and I
guess the only thing to do is reformat and load her xp home on his computer.

Colin Barnhorst 12-27-2006 11:18 PM

Re: hour glass hangup

That would not be permitted under the license and her XP Home may have been
preinstalled in any case.

Why don't you ask him what media he does have and get back to us.