Velocity Reviews

-   -   WMP11 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t493461-wmp11.html)

RR 12-18-2006 07:18 AM

WMP11

After reluctantly updating WMP, I am now stuck with a black screen. I
was just watching a DVD last week no problems.

Thank you so much for screwing my computer Microsoft.

Anyone with any ideas?

John Barnes 12-18-2006 03:13 PM

Re: WMP11

I haven't had any luck with WMP11 either, but I installed Media Player
Classic with the http://www.codecguide.com/about_mega.htm and now enjoy the
DVD's. I know Carlos and others have a problem with adding unneeded codecs,
but this is my choice.
As to WMP11, maybe someone knows of codecs that will work with it.

news:feidnUMnBcTXoxvYnZ2dnUVZ_qunnZ2d@comcast.com. ..

Jud Hendrix 12-18-2006 04:31 PM

Re: WMP11

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 07:13:56 -0800, "John Barnes" <jbarnes@email.net>
wrote:

>I know Carlos and others have a problem with adding unneeded codecs,
>but this is my choice.

With some of the codec-packs which have MPC included, like K-Lite, you can
select exactly which codecs you want to have installed.
A program like G-Spot can tell you whther the codec is installed, and also
which codec is required, so if there is a video-file which does not
playback, you can install the codec later on.

jud

RR 12-19-2006 07:26 AM

Re: WMP11

John Barnes wrote:

> I haven't had any luck with WMP11 either, but I installed Media Player
> Classic with the http://www.codecguide.com/about_mega.htm and now enjoy
> the DVD's. I know Carlos and others have a problem with adding unneeded
> codecs, but this is my choice.
> As to WMP11, maybe someone knows of codecs that will work with it.
>

> "RR" <rr@yourspamblocked.com> wrote in message
> news:feidnUMnBcTXoxvYnZ2dnUVZ_qunnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
>
>> After reluctantly updating WMP, I am now stuck with a black screen. I
>> was just watching a DVD last week no problems.
>>
>> Thank you so much for screwing my computer Microsoft.
>>
>> Anyone with any ideas?

I uninstalled 11 which reloaded 10, but still not working.