Velocity Reviews

-   -   strange problem in running c++ program... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t493445-strange-problem-in-running-c-program.html)

kunal 12-17-2006 04:50 AM

strange problem in running c++ program...

I am facing a strange problem which i would like to share with you
people and get ur ideas and knowledge about it. Whenever i try to run a
C++ program after successfully compiling i get the following error.

The title of the window is: 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem
c:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe -tc
The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction
CS: c000 IP:359e OP: 0f 03 20 12 03 Chose 'Close' to terminate the
application.

I only get two options one is close on clicking close the tc program
ends and if click the ignore button then the screen goes blank. now i
have an AMD Turion 64 bit dual core processor. Intially when i used to
run the c++ programs on intel processors it never gave me any issues.
so is the problem due to the processor. if it is then can you tell me
the solution and if it is not due to the processor what problem would
it be and what could be the solution. . Do I need to install a 64 bit C
compiler,linker,loader if it is then where can i find it out for
download.

Thanks in advance
Kunal Ramesh Lalwani
Sr Process Executive.
Styx Infosoft Pvt Ltd
ahmedabad 380054
(091) 9979391229 (M)
Email:- kunallalwani@gmail.com

Colin Barnhorst 12-17-2006 05:30 AM

Re: strange problem in running c++ program...

XP Pro x64 does not run 16-bit software.

news:1166331054.414284.43090@t46g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...

kunal 12-17-2006 05:50 AM

Re: strange problem in running c++ program...

Well sir i am sure that the opearting system installed is not a 64 bit
OS. can you tell me any compiler that can run on this processor. So do
you think any way out.

Colin Barnhorst 12-17-2006 05:58 AM

Re: strange problem in running c++ program...

I only mentioned it because this is a 64bit Windows newsgroup.

news:1166334625.463851.289640@16g2000cwy.googlegro ups.com...

kunal 12-17-2006 06:20 AM

Re: strange problem in running c++ program...

Well sir the only thing is that i am looking for a solution since a
long time and i am still not sure that in which group i am supposed to
post this problem.

Juergen Kluth 12-17-2006 11:20 AM

Re: strange problem in running c++ program...

Hi,
you might have to enable the compiler options to support the target cpu.
as well as the target operating system.
regards jk

Dshai 12-17-2006 12:03 PM

Re: strange problem in running c++ program...

You might have better luck in microsoft.public.on.vc++ as that's a
newgroup specifically for c++.

Dshai