Velocity Reviews

-   -   same drive different letters (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t493410-same-drive-different-letters.html)

Gott 12-09-2006 06:03 AM

same drive different letters

I have one drive that keeps showing up as the same drive under different
drive letters. One drive is basic the other is dynamic. How do I eliminate
the one I don't need?

R. C. White, MVP 12-23-2006 02:18 PM

Re: same drive different letters

Hi, Gott.

If you are still having this problem, please post your question again. This
time, give us enough information to at least make an intelligent guess.

How many hard disks? SATA, PATA or ?? How are they partitioned? Are you
running WinXP or Vista? Dual-booting?

Under what circumstances do the different drive letters "show up"? In
Windows Explorer, or in Disk Management, or both?

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

Gott 03-09-2007 02:22 AM

Re: same drive different letters

For the record this problem occurred after going to a site to download a fix
for some other problem. A recent repair (versus complete reinstall)
following an IE7 update failure seems to have corrected the problem.

--
Best Regards