Velocity Reviews

-   -   Vista MSDN Subscriber Release (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t493283-vista-msdn-subscriber-release.html)

=?Utf-8?B?TGVlZHJpY2s=?= 11-21-2006 01:19 AM

Vista MSDN Subscriber Release

Hi,

I notice that Vista has only been released to MSDN subscribers as the
English x86 version. I hear the x64 version is available to technet
subscribers, but when will it be available to MSDN subscribers?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com....64bit.general

Jupiter Jones [MVP] 11-21-2006 01:58 AM

Re: Vista MSDN Subscriber Release

Patience.
Because of the heave downloads, Microsoft is controlling how many have
access.
For now it seem random as to who does and does not get access.
Once the rush is over, everything should get back to normal.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

=?Utf-8?B?TGVlZHJpY2s=?= 11-21-2006 02:15 AM

Re: Vista MSDN Subscriber Release

Thanks Jupiter,

Oh man I hope that is your real name.

???

Colin Barnhorst 11-21-2006 04:48 AM

Re: Vista MSDN Subscriber Release

I am using the MSDN release of Vista Ultimate x64. It was posted to the
servers at about 4:30 PST on Thursday. It was on the servers for about a
day and then removed along with the x86 version. It appears that those who
managed to start the x64 download were allowed to finish. Expect both x86
and x64 to available shortly to both MSDN and TechNet subscribers once MS
gets the servers reconfigured to handle the traffic.

pvdg42 11-21-2006 05:01 AM

>I am using the MSDN release of Vista Ultimate x64. It was posted to the
>servers at about 4:30 PST on Thursday. It was on the servers for about a
>day and then removed along with the x86 version. It appears that those who
>managed to start the x64 download were allowed to finish. Expect both x86
>and x64 to available shortly to both MSDN and TechNet subscribers once MS
>gets the servers reconfigured to handle the traffic.

That's what I experienced. I got the x64 in my download manager on the 17th.
I didn't get it downloaded until the 19th, long after it disappeared from
the subscriber downloads. I guess the fact it was in my manager allowed the
download to "resume" (it had been suspended pending the completion of the
x86 download).

Did anybody get the hash value for the x64 version? If so, could you post it
here?

Thanks!

Colin Barnhorst 11-22-2006 03:39 PM

Re: Vista MSDN Subscriber Release

This message is now posted on Microsoft Connect for the TechBeta testers who
were invited to download the freebie copy of Vista rtm.

"NOTE: Due to server load the X64 package has been temporarily removed. If
you have already started downloading you will be able to continue but no new
FTM sessions will start. Please check the newsgroups for the latest
details.

vista_6000.16386.061101-2205_x64fre_client-LRMCxFRE_EN_DVD.iso

CRC Value: 0xCE211A58 "

pvdg42 11-22-2006 04:17 PM

> This message is now posted on Microsoft Connect for the TechBeta testers
> who were invited to download the freebie copy of Vista rtm.
>
> "NOTE: Due to server load the X64 package has been temporarily removed.
> If you have already started downloading you will be able to continue but
> no new FTM sessions will start. Please check the newsgroups for the
> latest details.
>
> vista_6000.16386.061101-2205_x64fre_client-LRMCxFRE_EN_DVD.iso
>
> CRC Value: 0xCE211A58 "

Thanks very much for the CRC!
Looks like my download is OK.