Velocity Reviews

-   -   Installing 32 bit Apps on x64 Platform (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t493247-installing-32-bit-apps-on-x64-platform.html)

tliebs 11-17-2006 12:01 AM

Installing 32 bit Apps on x64 Platform

I apologize in advance for asking a question that has probably been
answered already. How would I go about installing a 32 bit application
on Windows Server 2003 R2 x64? I am ashamed to even have to ask.

Charlie Russel - MVP 11-17-2006 01:26 AM

Re: Installing 32 bit Apps on x64 Platform

Insert CD. Double click on Setup.exe if it doesn't autostart.

Literally, there is nothing different you have to do for the vast majority
of applications. If your application requires a system level driver - you
_must_ have a 64bit driver for it. If your application uses a 16 bit
installer - you're pretty much toast unless you can manually install it.

A good starting point for information about x64 is:
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...ght_for_Me.doc

And my blog has had a lot of information posted on it over the >18 months
that x64 has been out.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

news:1163721661.711270.309600@h54g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hhbmNl?= 11-18-2006 07:40 PM

RE: Installing 32 bit Apps on x64 Platform

what has worked for me was for the programs that would not load normally is
to instal while in safe mode then pin the program to the start menu